Glock Talk banner

Any CMP forum members here?

743 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Tired Retired
I registered on the CMP forums about a week ago, and my account has been established. Only problem is, I can't post a message.

This is what it says at the bottom, but it recognizes me as a member of the forums.

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[/U] code is On HTML code is On [/URL]

I posted a message in the "forum webmaster several days ago, but apparently it's not being seen by the right person.. Any suggestions?

I bought an M1 carbine recently, and I have some questions.....also possibly a safety issue with mine......need to get some help.......
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
2,861 Posts
Any CMP forum members here?
No.

:D

New Threads may need more access. Maybe a SPAM/Noobie filter.

I don't remember, it was a while ago.

Check your Acct. settings. Then the Mod.

Or, try posting a dozen responses to existing threads and see if that clears it up.

GR

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
I love M1's and have 4 CMP guns. What are you having problems with?

wp

· Stop the steal!
21,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love M1's and have 4 CMP guns. What are you having problems with?

wp
I have a 1943 Quality Supply w/10/43 Buffalo barrel mixmaster. Rebuilt at the RIA facility, and probably not been used since the rebuild. It was purchased recently through a GB ffl. It has an M2 round top bolt which has an "X" stamped on the top. My worry is this might be a reject bolt for some reason. I've already test fired it at the range and seems to shoot fine, but was wondering........

Attachments

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
My understanding was that identified round bolts that did not have other revisions that were to have happened simultaneously. The was a thread on Gunhub.com about it . They should not be a problem. The x was about 1/2inch behind the lug. Is that where yours is?

wp

· Stop the steal!
21,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My understanding was that identified round bolts that did not have other revisions that were to have happened simultaneously. The was a thread on Gunhub.com about it . They should not be a problem. The x was about 1/2inch behind the lug. Is that where yours is?

wp
Yep......probably what you're speaking of......you can plainly see the "X" in the photo I posted above.
Thanks for telling me what you know about that. It does give me a little relief.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Shoot it and have fun; I do. I have one in 5.7 Johnson Spitfire; neat little cartridge.

wp

· Registered
144 Posts
The X only has to do with the modifications. The original design was a "flat' bolt which under went several design modifications. The round bolt came about as some of the design modifications were implemented. There are several additional designs changes to bolts prior to the end of production. There were even design changes in the Korean era after they stopped manufacturing the Carbines in 1945. The bolt is a safe modification. But if you really want to give the carbine a once-over, may want to get a magnifying glass and look closely at the right lug. That is the weak point on the carbine bolt design. Check for hairline cracks. The round bolt design seemed to reduce the lug failures (which were rare to begin with).

I would get hold of one of the monitors and check your settings under your profile.

While you are waiting to be able to post messages, i would recommend that you READ as much as you can. Most of the questions you have about your new carbine are probably already answered. Do a search and just read. You will find posts where others have had success or problems with their carbines. What they have to say is a good start to checking out your carbine.

Here is an interesting point, the Quality Hardware carbines were all manufactured with a "spring tube" design, meaning that long skinny tube which holds the recoil spring on the side of the receiver in your carbine. The preferred method was to bore a long hole down the length of the receiver to hole the recoil spring and its guide rod. Some manufacturers used tubes rarely, when they were first starting (Winchester) or when they messed up a long drill on the receiver and wanted to salvage the receiver. Quality Hardware is the only one that purposely used the spring tube design from start to finish. So pick up a spare tube when you get a chance - your carbine will not function with a a tube if you mess up the one you have.

BTW, my first USGI carbine was a QHMC. Its a beauty and I will always keep that one as my first.

P.S. the modern Korean mags (both 15 and 30 rds) are very dependable. Alot of the NON-GI American made mags are cheaply made and do not function reliably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.