close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Boston T. Party fans?

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by RMTactical, Aug 13, 2004.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

Read some good stuff in his books although I can't agree with everything, I think he has good info.

2. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I'm always tempted by his titles when I'm putting together an Amazon order but I've never pulled the trigger and orderd one. I probably should.

Which ONE title would you recommend?

3. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

Go to Freds M14 stock page and order the triple special. IIRC it's BTPs gun bible thingy, Patriots and Unintended Consequences plus some of Freds Shotgun Times columns for a remarkably reasonable price.

4. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

One of his books should suffice. I have two and he goes over some stuff with the exact wording on some parts. I have "Boston on Guns and Courage", and "Boston's Gun Bible". I would go with the Bible, as he tends to talk about the same stuff but he goes into more detail as far as guns go. It's a larger book as well, by far.

He loves the AR15, and the Glock. He talks extensively about the rifles, which is good, talks about them in much detail and he rates them. He doesn't do hardly anything on specific shotguns, and I wished he talked more about other pistols, but he is pretty sold on the Glock (which I agree is the best). His big thing is, "your pistol is there to help you fight your way back to your rifle, which shouldn't be far away."

5. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

I believe at least one of this author's titles to be indispensable.

That title is "The Police And You".

This book explains in detail exactly what rights citizens have in our society.

More importantly, he gives excellent advice on standing up for those rights without escalating the situation due to some sawed-off LEO's Short Man Syndrome....

Case studies are included, covering everything from auto searches, frisking, home searches, and being arrested as well as avoiding arrest and pressing charges on the cops when it is necessary.

I have had cause to use the advice in this book on at least one occasion, and, had I not known that the proper thing to do with this belligerent, swaggering little boy in a blue suit was to avoid arguing with him and rebut his insanity with my demand to be arrested in order to file a complaint with his superiors, it could have ended up much worse than it did.

Suffice it to say, an excellent read, but sadly not as germaine today as it was back in the mid-Nineties, due to the rapidly-escalating erosion of our inalienable rights.

Best regards,

FastVFR

6. Az Stealth

Az Stealth

Yep, old Boston writes some very useful, informative stuff.

But he's lugging around an ego which has far outgrown anything he has accomplished.

7. atfsux

atfsux

I've only read "You and the Police", but I've got to meet Mr. Party. Yeah, I suppose he is so confident in himself that he gives the (wrong) impression that his ego is huge. But if you understand where Libertarians are coming from - being heavily influenced by Ayn Rand and such - then you see it for what it really is.

BTW, Boston's current project is the Wyoming Free State Project (or Wy.FSP for short). If you've read his last novel, MOLON LABE, then you know what this is about. For those who don't,...well, that takes some explanation. Suffice to say, the last best chance for free-minded folks to PEACEFULLY attain liberty here in America without another revolution is to carve out some sort of reservation or community, such as one free state. To do this, it should be a low-populous state, where an influx of freedom refugees in the mere thousands can actually have an impact on the local electoral scene,...as well as other factors, which you can read about in MOLON LABE. Boston even has a Yahoo discuss list going on this project.

I find Mr. Party to be a congenial composite of Sun Tzu, John Wayne, Thomas Jefferson, Lao Tzu and Rob Leatham. In short,...baaaaaad ***.

8. A_Swede_17_1911

A_Swede_17_1911

I've read Boston's Gub Bible, and it was a good read and informative. I do need to read his other books.

9. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

He was here in Salt Lake at the last gun show. I'd never heard of him, or his work. I got a copy of You and the Police (he even signed it for me). Great book. Highest recommendation. I'm pro peace officer, but have known plenty of "law enforcement officers" to bully and intimidate as their SOP. This book will help you deal with them without escalating an already bad situation.

-Bo

10. MoonMan

MoonMan CLM

Link, please.

11. younggenious

younggenious

I haven't read any of his books, but I have a list of 14 books I plan on buying and reading in the near future, and none of them have him as an author.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  12. biere

biere

Boston's gun bible was updated not too long ago. I have the old copy and don't recall what all changed in the update. So check around and see that you are paying for the new one.

I also have his police one but mine is old and I don't think he redid it. After the supreme court did their thing recently about showing your id there are a lot of things to know about now vs. when the book was written.

I still pull out his gun bible and read a chapter here or there. He covers a lot of topics and has lots of opinions and backs them up well.

Overall I just like his writing style and consider him to be similar to claire wolfe who has entertaining and educational books as well.

I have been slacking a bit and want to get some of his newer stuff, it is worth the price to own it.

13. atfsux

atfsux

Punch "Javelin Press" into your browser and you'll discover all his current stuff.