Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge audiobook nerd. I have always had trouble reading and was diagnosed as dyslexic in middle school. They recommended audiobooks and they have opened up a whole new world to me. Right now I go through about 4-6 in a month and often do a couple at a time. I am also a huge nerd in general so I will buy CDs or MP3, put them on my iPod and take off mowing.

·
Daddy X2
4,563 Posts
When I was in college and working a dead-end job that allowed headphones I used to listen to them. I haven't really listened much since then. They were quite useful at the time.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My only problem with audiobooks is the oftentimes outrageous prices. But library renting and the availability to download them online for free (need a library card for most) has made them more accessible and affordable.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I download them from Overdrive.com and put them on my MP3 player. Overdrive has a contract with the state of WI that all public library users have access to the titles for no additional fees. It's fantastic. I listen to them walking to work every day.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I download them from Overdrive.com and put them on my MP3 player. Overdrive has a contract with the state of WI that all public library users have access to the titles for no additional fees. It's fantastic. I listen to them walking to work every day.
Lucky. My town doesn't have a good library, so we mostly rely upon the library of a neighboring town that also has a similar MP3 service. The problem is that these downloads are only acessible to citizens of the libraries town, which drives me insane, especially after browsing some of the titles.

·
Hunc tu caveto
1,663 Posts
I pick up audio books at the library for use in the car, especially for long rides.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am a huge audiobook nerd. I have always had trouble reading and was diagnosed as dyslexic in middle school. They recommended audiobooks and they have opened up a whole new world to me. Right now I go through about 4-6 in a month and often do a couple at a time. I am also a huge nerd in general so I will buy CDs or MP3, put them on my iPod and take off mowing.
Hey DM...my book is available on E-book and Audio book through Tate Publishing... www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore. Its called "Crossing the Line" Good guns and current events Border War novel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts