Glock Talk banner

Any active Carolina members?

11625 Views 128 Replies 75 Participants Last post by  rfd339
This section looks a bit dead, thought I'd ask if anyone was still lurking back here.

I'm in the RDU area of NC, anyone else around?
Reactions: Bgardner15
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Ladys Island in Beaufort, SC here.
One of my favorite places. I average a trip a year down there, sometimes stay with friends, sometimes camping.

High Point NC here, and wishing Calibers was not my only easy option to shoot. Good people, Vets, $15 all day, it's just that inside is the last place I want to shoot.

· Registered
8,339 Posts
Ladys Island in Beaufort, SC here.
howdy neighbor

One of my favorite places. I average a trip a year down there, sometimes stay with friends, sometimes camping.

High Point NC here, and wishing Calibers was not my only easy option to shoot. Good people, Vets, $15 all day, it's just that inside is the last place I want to shoot.
our ranges are few and far between here. PSA $15 for all day, plus targets. There is a DNR range an hour away, it is free, and unsupervised, and when it is busy, a positive nightmare. when it's dead it's great, but I've abandoned driving an hour only to be disappointed. there are 2 private ranges here as well that charge out the tail for a membership.

· Country Roads..
213 Posts
Winston-Salem, NC here

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
528 Posts
Sounds like we have a few locals :)

Any recommendations on ranges? I have a buddy down near Ft Bragg that we shoot on his farm and have shot at a few local ranges but they are crowded. Seems like the gun clubs up here are silly $$ so just curious where folks go to shoot
I belong to H2O Fowl Farms in Dunn. It's a private range open to the public Friday and Saturday. Outdoors; excellent bays; pistol and rifle bays; IDPA matches second Saturday of each month. Membership dues are best around, that I've seen. Love it!

Cheers

2,606 Posts
I belong to H2O Fowl Farms in Dunn. It's a private range open to the public Friday and Saturday. Outdoors; excellent bays; pistol and rifle bays; IDPA matches second Saturday of each month. Membership dues are best around, that I've seen. Love it!

Cheers
The H2O owner (Andy) is a GREAT guy, and the guy that runs the IDPA matches there is a really good, forever type of friend. Shooting at H2O was one of the few highlights of my 12 years as a resident of NC.

Having said that, I left in early '19 and never plan to go back.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts