Glock Talk banner

Any active Carolina members?

11627 Views 128 Replies 75 Participants Last post by  rfd339
This section looks a bit dead, thought I'd ask if anyone was still lurking back here.

I'm in the RDU area of NC, anyone else around?
Reactions: Bgardner15
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like we have a few locals :)

Any recommendations on ranges? I have a buddy down near Ft Bragg that we shoot on his farm and have shot at a few local ranges but they are crowded. Seems like the gun clubs up here are silly $$ so just curious where folks go to shoot

· Registered
5 Posts
I live in Garner and have membership at the Wake county range,Personal Defense & Handgun Safety Center Inc. in Garner and 37PSR in Lillington. I use 37 PSR as my go to in good weather as I can shoot any of my toys in a low restriction environement and it is available 7 days a week. I highly recommend it.

Any recommendations on ranges? I have a buddy down near Ft Bragg that we shoot on his farm and have shot at a few local ranges but they are crowded. Seems like the gun clubs up here are silly $$ so just curious where folks go to shoot
garner and have membership

· Registered
160 Posts
Carthage Nc

· Registered
934 Posts
Can we get a group together from central NC to attend the GSSF match in Morganton on April 22 or 23. There are obviously a lot of North Carolina folks at the match, but they don't seem to be active on this forum. Form three person teams?
It's a great time and the perfect first match for those that do not shoot in other pistol competitions.
Go to gssfonline for match info, registration, fees etc..
At the 20016 match over 30 Glocks were given away by random drawings and several thousand dollars as cash prizes.
You could get lucky!

· Registered
934 Posts
My gun club range [Riverside Gun Club] is located in New London, NC about 10 miles north of Albemarle NC.
I have the GSSF paper targets and steel plates and can setup all three stages of the GSSF match if there are those interested in a practice session prior to The Table Rock Challenge.
Our club restricts each member to only two guest, but if more would like to participate I can get other members to allow for more shooters or get approval for more from our president.
I am retired so I can do week days or get special permission for the fourth or fifth Saturday of each month or Sundays.
We have a 100 yd. outdoor pistol/rifle range and an indoor 100 yd center fire bench rest and 50 yd. .22 rimfire [its a chicken house LOL].
First Sat. is .22 rimfire matches, second Sat. "action" matches IDPA/USPSA pistol only, 3gun or combo matches of pistol rifle/pistol shotguns, third Sat. is 100 yd. bench rest center fire. You don't have to be a member to shoot the matches.
Let's hear where you shoot and what your interest is in the shooting sports.
We have about 100 members and are looking to add 25 more as the membership is capped at 125.
Go to Riverside Gun Club.org for more info.
Thanks DannC

· Gun Nut
105 Posts
I'm in Kenly, NC just off I 95 in Wayne County. Carry a G30S routinely on my frequent trips to RDU and around here. Just picked up a G22 RTF2 at the gunshow last weekend.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts