Anxiety.......

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Von Hayes, Oct 18, 2020.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

CAN YOU HEAR ME CLEARING MY THROAT FROM THERE? :impatient: :impatient: :honkie:

2. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

Folks, I have a roof over my head, clean clothes, I bathe, I am not destitute. If I really needed money that badly, I would sell my gun (it seems to be worth more than I paid for it now).

I appreciate the offers. You are all good people. But if you need to give money away, there are people far worse off than I that could use it. I mean, I am typing away on a laptop computer with internet all day long.

Thank you for your kindness and generosity though.

n2g likes this.

3. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

I'm prone to worry and anxiety. I have to stop and evaluate situations by asking myself if any part is within my control and if there is anything I can do to change or improve the outcome of the situation. If the answer is yes, then I have to truly commit myself to making it happen. If the answer is no, then the worry/anxiety is totally worthless and completely counter-productive. Those are the situations I turn over to my faithful and trusted Higher Power.

n2g and FullClip like this.
  4. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

Anxiety is the "Nameless Fear."

I am not a religious type in the church sense, however, I find that the negative forces in our World WANT me to relive unpleasant things from my past. Other bad thoughts also gang up to foster negativism. Negativism is like fertilizer for a plant and it encourages growth of many unproductive things in your life including anxiety and fear.

Recognizing that, I ASK a Higher Power to stop those negative influences in my life and to substitute positive ones, instead.

ASK to keep the negative forces away and to bring sweet, positive dreams and thoughts! Happiness doesn't just happen. You need to work at it!

With 39 years of sobriety, I'm convinced that booze is fuel for negativism. When you get ready to ditch that crap, lots of us will be here to help you! In the absence of any movement on that front, the conclusion is unavoidable: you just haven't hurt enough, yet.

Flash

n2g likes this.
  5. n2g

n2g Georgia gal

There are all kinds of advice for reducing anxiety that have value and have helped others. I'll personally go with these:

:goodpost: Same for me, big time.

:goodpost: So very true.

True, but that doesn't mean that trusting in God isn't good advice and it doesn't mean it isn't a help with anxiety.
    There will be good times and bad on earth for all of us, but we have been offered a Helper.

Another :goodpost: in its entirety.

Echoing FTM's post, there is a lot of wisdom in the Serenity Prayer:

upload_2020-10-22_11-49-24.jpeg

Von, like the above posts, I would also sincerely encourage you to look to your Creator for guidance and peace. I believe we have an inner longing to be reconciled with God hard-wired into us. I don't throw that out there lightly; I truly believe this and it provides me with great peace and security.

You have quite a few people who care for you here on GT. Blessings (aka "good luck") to you, Von. Hang in there!

magpie maniac and ThatGuyYouKnow like this.