Anti-Gun TV Shows & Movies

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by JackC53, Mar 2, 2018.

1. JackC53

JackC53 Learn About Deep State Millennium Member

We all know that Hollywood and the media in general aren't exactly fond of guns. I don't watch much TV, and haven't had cable for 8 years. I apologize if I'm posting a topic that's been beaten to death, or a topic that's so obvious, but this escalating level of anti-gun rhetoric "new" to me.

Specifically, I watched "X-Files" years ago, and a guy I work with gave me a DVD copy of the latest episodes of the 2016 "revival". Immediately, I was shocked by the blatant anti-gun message that they seem to weave in a lot of the episodes. The one that really aggravated me included a robber being confronted by a CCW guy. The BG shot the "good Samaritan" and as he fell to the ground, he accidently shot a little girl. In another episode, they show stereotypical men in a trailer park talking about their guns being taken away by the government. I wanted to jump out of my chair. I love the "X-Files", and overall, they do a good job with the new series. But, I just can't watch this crap if it's going to be an ongoing theme. Producer Chris Carter has a real anti-gun agenda here, and I don't want to be part of it.

Feel free to post your experiences with this phenomenon. I know that it's has been going on for a while now, but this really hit me hard. What shows/movies have you seen or heard about that were ridiculously anti-gun? How about any pro-gun scenes or themes in shows? On the other side of the coin, Hollywood does make ridiculously violent films that feature guns being used for mayhem. I find it ironic that "X-Files" is about the FBI, where they are being so incompetent lately. And, I am concerned about how the liberal-controlled media are planting these "subliminal" anti-gun messages, in order to brainwash the public.

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

The Lethal Weapon movies were anti-gun. Lots of anti gun messages in the back ground of many of the scenes.

For example in Lethal weapon 4:
    [​IMG]

3. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

The 3rd and 4th Lethal Weapon movies had anti-NRA snippets thrown in. Can't remember about the first two.

JackC53 likes this.
  4. nursetim

nursetim

I heard byrant gumball call the massacre in Florida as “...NRA sponsored shooting...” and semiautomatic rifles as “murder machines”. They are going full retarded.

The medical director of the company I’m temping at said that no one needs a semiautomatic rifle, then said he owns a shotgun, as if that gives him gravitas. I retorted that no one needs a car that goes above the speed limit. He retorted that the second amendment was written at a time when they had muskets. :upeyes: I said that the internet didn’t exsist either, so what.

5. G19aps

G19aps

But at the same time... they love making their millions glorifying gun violence!

6. refugeepj

refugeepj

the irony of hypocrisy.
    show me the ones who do not live in ultra security.
    gated communities, electronic setups we can't afford, and bodyguards with weapons. yet we must not be allowed to protect our families!
    being able to (marginally) act doesn't make them smart.

7. JFrame

JFrame

I saw the first episode of the "X-Files" reboot for this season, caught a strong whiff of a leftist tilt that wasn't in the original series, and immediately scrubbed the series from my DVR programming.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I watched half an episode of the new X-Files and it was so bad I didn't get as far as anti-gun propaganda. Haven't tried to watch any more.

British TV is usually overtly anti-gun - in spite of that message failing, since they are always getting characters into situations where a gun is the one thing that will save them and they can't find one because of British laws. I recall a British series called "Survivors" that was a post-apocalyptic sci-fi show, where most of the human race has been wiped out by flu - the "good guy" survivors persist in being anti-gun and fighting with sticks and rocks, in spite of always needing a gun and when a former Soldier comes along and saves them with a gun, the group won't accept him because he used guns.

Just Glocks, Cambo and JackC53 like this.
  9. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

The 2A was written when they also had machine guns. Throw that at him tomorrow ( if you think you are just temping ). :supergrin:

Cambo and JackC53 like this.
  10. nursetim

nursetim

???? Do you mean the Devinci contraption?

michael_b likes this.
  11. willie_pete

michael_b, dudel and El Pistolero like this.
  12. nursetim

nursetim

13. ScarFace88

ScarFace88 NOT MOD APPROVED

MacGuyver. I can't remember the episode, but there's one where a character trips and shoots himself while going after some crack dealers with a .357.

JackC53 likes this.
  14. JFrame

JFrame

Okay -- this is the first I've ever heard of the Puckle Gun...

Gotta love GTPI -- such a fount of information! :)

El Pistolero and nursetim like this.
  15. nursetim

nursetim

The star of MacGuyver was/is anti gun and he got a pass from me because he didn’t use one in the series. The he starred in Stargate SG-1 where he carried a p-90. His pass evaporated then.

16. JackC53

:deadhorse::fred:
    I consider myself to be a "movie buff", but I don't remember the Lethal Weapon scenes. Maybe I was less attuned to that political propaganda then? I try not to participate in "conspiracy theory" stuff, but recognizing the anti-gun/anti-Trump crap on the late night shows isn't very hard. Also, I've never seen it (because I have a sensitive gag reflex) but I'm told that "The View" and many other turd platforms are just repulsive on so many levels about so many topics.

I am probably naive about the extent of the hateful message of the liberal-dominated media, because I haven't been watching TV for so long. My guess is that there will be a surge of anti-conservative messages laced throughout most future shows and movies. And, those narcissistic "awards shows" have set aside some of their ego-massaging time for anti-conservative messages. They parade gender-confused SJW freaks in front of the cameras to spew their snarky comments about our president, etc.

I know that "Deep State" and powerful individuals like Adelson, Soros and Saban are behind a lot of the propaganda. The media is a powerful tool that they have exploited to infect the public with their message of hate. Many people are turning their TVs off, or seeking alternative sources for entertainment. But, there are still enough sheeple who are more than willing to turn their minds over to these evil puppet masters.

The economy, failed marriages, foreign threats, school shootings, etc. drive a lot of frustration and anger in our society. The media have harnessed a lot of these powerful, negative emotions and directed them at THEIR targets. You want something to punch or kick or blame - it's the NRA or POTUS. It doesn't matter whether it makes sense - you'll feel better releasing your anger. Getting rid of the NRA will solve all the problems in your life, and you'll feel better and SAFER. What utter nonsense - and they're getting away with it.

Just look at what CNN and others have done by dancing on the graves of Broward County children before their corpses are in the ground. Those kids should be marching to the FBI, Broward County Sheriff's Dept, School Board officials, etc. if they want to attack the REAL problem. But, these students have been hypnotized and thrown in front of the cameras to spew scripted anti-gun rhetoric. The media have cultivated this through their powerful mind-altering shows, games and movies. If these kids are so smart, how come they aren't able to see the REAL problems. Or, maybe they do, but the liberal media won't report it.

I know that Trump is disappointing a lot of people in our community, but I'm still savoring the look on Hillary and her minions faces the night Trump claimed victory. I can't imagine what would be happening now if Clinton was president!:outtahere:

17. JFrame

JFrame

Media bias is evident even in the "throwaway lines" that characters speak.

If there's an opportunity to inject "relevant" commentary by having a character mock a contemporary politician -- guaranteed that politician will be a Republican, and most likely a noted conservative.

They can't help themselves. It's wired into their DNA.

18. willie_pete

You need to get out more.

:supergrin:

19. JackC53

I had that "musket" debate with a ******* the other day. I responded by saying that the Second Amendment guaranteed our right to defend ourselves - and that means with similar force to what is being used to attack us. Your internet example/retort is valid!

20. JFrame

JFrame

:rofl: :rofl:

...And miss all this???? :supergrin:

michael_b and willie_pete like this.