Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by frickster, Feb 14, 2010.

1. frickster

frickster

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.
    The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..
    The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."
    The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.
    It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
    But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

2. packsaddle

packsaddle

Yep, another example of liberals exempting themselves from the regulations they impose on the rest of us.

3. thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Vote the sorry dude out of office.

4. ssgt_acft_mech

ssgt_acft_mech

wow another anti? are there more libs turning to the dark side?

5. kp110477

kp110477 Guest

Do you have a reference source for this? Not that I don't believe you, I would just like to get it from the horses mouth... or horses @$$ whatever the case may be.

6. kp110477

kp110477 Guest

nm... googled it

7. frickster

frickster

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

This happened a LONG time ago.. there's been quite a few threads on GT about it... You can search here and probably know more than you wanted.. :)

IGF

9. kp110477

kp110477 Guest

It happened in August of 09? I'm still digging, but can anyone tell me the result of all of this?

10. kp110477

kp110477 Guest

Indyfunfreak,

Thank you, still getting used to the whole Glock Talk platform.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

:) Thats why you got a pass... Usually you get the whole JAMBOG! posting...

As far as I know, there's no updates.. or at least not that I've read. Really not surprising considering its only been 7mo, bringing things like this to trial takes time...

Rule of thumb w/ GT.. if its over 24hrs old, and almost definitely if it has to do w/ guns... its been posted.. :)

Welcome to GT.. :).

IGF

12. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Let me guess... The senator still has his guns, and he still does not want the unwashed peasants to have any?

13. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

It's the same with all the other anti-gun politicians out there...

Hell, Boxer, Feinstein, and Reed have a CHL.

There's more, just go out and do the research. Remember who you vote for!!!

14. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

He's not running for re-election.