Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I decided to take a half day form work and go to the gun shop.My buddy backed out on my g36 deal so I was hoping for a deal at the shop.

They have layaway there so I planned on using it until saturday when I can get my gun home with me.

I walk in and used glocks in my face for $399 g19,g22,g36 all priced at $399
I said let me see that g36.I looked it over and it looked very nice,dust in the barrel as it looked to have sit since it was purchased from the original owner.

I told the clerk I would like to put it in layaway.He laughs and asks why I want a unsafe pistol.I laughed back and said personal preferance thats all.

I pay $100 down and continue to look at holsters,mags etc.

A guy comes to the counter,total noob.No gun knowledge at all.He asks what the guy behind the counter reccommends.Of course here it comes a sig price tag $1099.I laughed out loud,I didn't mean to but it did slip out.

I told the guy a glock 19 as it was used and only $399.
The guy behind the counter said the sig is safe,you dont want to buy a unsafe pistol like the one I just sold that guy.

The guy looking at the guns said oh I'm sorry,the guy behind the counter said I dont care talking to me about the glock.

I laughed out loud and left the building.I cannot believe this guy was ****ing pushing this sig so hard on this guy that he had no clue what to do.He was new to guns for sure and the salesman shoved this sig so far up his ass I felt it.

I dont understand how they can call glock unsafe.I left before it led to a arguement because it was heading there.
They sell glocks used and they even had 4 new glocks in the case.If the glock is ****ty why do they sell them.

I forgot why I never go there anymore and it is because they are so damn sig biased.I literally get mad every time I go there.The only reason why I go there is because of the deals they always have on used pistols

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe next time I am in there I will buy a sig,as long as they have $399 glocks I wont.

Sure sigs are nice guns but damn I can get two used glocks there for the price of 1 sig,it kinda seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
I for one wouldn't be buying any guns from that guy, and I don't care how cheap the prices are.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the price I wont pass it up.I just gotta make sure every time I go there I do this.
head to glock case,look over real fast.Find best said glock for $399 pay for it and a box of JHP then leave.

I cannot find glocks anywhere else used that go for under $499.And if they are under $499 they have so much damn holster wear.This g36 seriously looks like new.

Sure the guy is a ******* but I can deal with a ******* to save myself $100

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
For the price I wont pass it up.I just gotta make sure every time I go there I do this.
head to glock case,look over real fast.Find best said glock for $399 pay for it and a box of JHP then leave.

I cannot find glocks anywhere else used that go for under $499.And if they are under $499 they have so much damn holster wear.This g36 seriously looks like new.

Sure the guy is a ******* but I can deal with a ******* to save myself $100
That's great if you can get past it, means a good deal for you.

However personally... I couldn't. Firearms sales (like anything else) is a customer service business. I would probably be out of there as soon as he started talking down to me in front of other customers, I don't really care what his opinion of Glock is, I just want to be treated fairly as a customer should be. I would also tell him straight up that he lost the sale because of his bad attitude too, might make him think twice about treating the next customer the same way.

Anyway, enjoy the new Glock! :wavey:

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Seems every store I go to people hate Glocks. Except the experienced customers of course. The salespeople want to sell the stuff they have trouble selling. I went to a store once where the salesman was wearing a XD t-shirt and I asked him if he had Glock magazines. He said: "No but we have XD magazines."

That sums it up right there. He knew I knew they had XD mags, I didn't even have to look around the store, just look at his shirt. He either personally favors XD over Glock because he thinks it's "more American" or just like other salesman he's trying to push the crap off his shelves he otherwise can't get rid of. It was quite insulting and he meant it to be.

Besides that if I ask for Glock mags why would someone say "No but we have XD mags"? I obviously own a Glock and want mags for it, so why would I wanna hear that he has mags for some cheap knock-off of a Glock which I obviously don't own? He thinks he's pushing his own bottom line when he doesn't realize if he sold the stuff his customers actually want to buy, that would secure his bottom line. People are just backwards today.

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
... He either personally favors XD over Glock because he thinks it's "more American" or just like other salesman he's trying to push the crap off his shelves he otherwise can't get rid of...
So Croatian is American now? :supergrin:

·
Registered
194 Posts
So the guy at the shop thinks his customers are too stupid to learn and understand proper gun safety techniques like ... Don't put your finger on the trigger until your ready to kill something... I hate arrogant salespeople like that.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
"So Croatian is American now?"

That's why I said "more American". Many of these XD fans think XD is American. That's the funniest thing about it. I know it's Croatian, but many of them don't and the salespeople who can't get it off their shelves really don't want you to know that.

·
Peaceful
2,020 Posts
I went to the local shop yesterday to special order a Glock (I'll post what it is next week after I get it tomorrow and shoot it tuesday) and the guy who helped me was cool and a Glock man.

But of course there was an employee there who said he couldn't own a Glock because it has no safetys. I wasted my breath explaining the safety systems and told jim that wasn't a problem cause I grew up on revolvers.

He said he grew up on revolvers too but its not the same.

Ehhhhhhh!!!

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
"It has no safeties" is code for "If some tard gets a hold of it, they won't hurt someone else." Anyone who knows what they're doing with a gun won't need any safeties but their trigger finger and brain.

Real "safe" to fumble around with an extra little gadget while someone's shooting at you. Safe for the criminal I guess.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
He is probably working off of commission (at least partly), he'll make more off an $1100 gun compared to a $400 gun. If he has to lie to a noob to make the extra cash it seems he can and will.

·
Kill 'em All!!
1,125 Posts
I would have still bought the pistol but I would have argued with him until the sun went down and they closed. he obviously doesn't know anything about glocks so it is our (glock owners) job to inform the idiots at shops of how a glock works since they don't know.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
$400 on a used Glock seems like a good deal for me at my neck of woods.

Glock haters are all the same. In the little mind of theirs they think: "if so many people like Glock, there must be something they done right, but if I can find something bad to talk about, I would be different than other, I will be Expert." The no safety topic is so all, even antis know about the term "trigger control" now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yet another reason I like this forum: Common sense.

I've spoken to so many people in the gun world lately that are so brand-biased that it makes me sick. Whether it's an owner that feels the need to defend his choice, or gun shop employee that's pushing what they want to sell that day. Pisses me off. I own a Glock. I'm buying another one soon. But that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate other guns, no matter who manufactures them. I chose Glock because it fit MY needs. I would love to own a Sig, an HK, a Kimber etc. Someday I hope to own every gun on my "Hit List". I love talking guns. If a Sig owner was proud of his new P226, would I stand there and pick apart everything about that gun that I didn't personally like? Of course not. It's his gun. He loves it. I would assume he feels about it the way I feel about my 19. I would complement him on his choice, point out the things I like about it and be on my merry way. If he asked, I would give him my reasons for choosing a Glock, and hope that he respected my decision like I respected his.

No matter who it is, or what kind of gun they own, I can't stand obnoxious people.:steamed:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Voyager4520 hits the nail on the head when he says people think because Glocks have no visible safety, they are unsafe to shoot. Semiautos have had visible safeties since John Browning manufactured the 1911, and the idea that a safety is built into the trigger is a foreign (no pun intended) concept.

Maybe what Gaston needs to do is put a fake safety on his pistols. It wouldn't do anything except give people a warm, safe feeling. Otherwise, the pistol would shoot like it always has.

This idea is not original with me. Back when I was flying planes there were people who put landing gear switches on fixed gear airplanes. The switches didn't do anything but they got people in the habit of "retracting" the gear after takeoff and "lowering" it before landing. Whatever it takes, I guess.

·
Kill 'em All!!
1,125 Posts
There is a safety button on the Glock. Its called the magazine release button, becasue if you are too inapt to carry a gun that has 3 internal safeties then you just need to drop the magazine and not carry any rounds in it.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts