Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one and leave it untreated? Any problems down the road?

After talking to the doctor and searching the net that seems to be the prevailing view now. Just live with it and the bump on my chest.

I’ve done it before and was able to reduce once by myself and once with the help of a Corpsmen. But this time I just can’t get it back in place.

Anyone just live with it?

·
Who, me?
1,172 Posts
Find a sports-oriented chiropractor in your area. He should be able to adjust it. It might take a few times before it will hold in place.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,045 Posts
Lots of good videos on Youtube. You could probably get a couple of friends and do it at home. :)

Reactions: Batesmotel

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of good videos on Youtube. You could probably get a couple of friends and do it at home. :)
Son and wife tried. Just not getting enough traction this time. Need to try my other son. He’s a big kid.

I hate going to the doctor.

·
Registered
43,594 Posts
Living with it leads to issues like Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, increased stress on the rotator cuff tendon, sleeping issues, thoracic trigger points and shoulder girdle function issues. And that's if it's an anterior dislocation. If it's a posterior dislocation you need an orthopaedist and it's not really a choice to live with it.

·
NRA Life Member
5,388 Posts
There are some good Chiro's who can fix this. That's why I keep one around... for when I can't fix myself using Bongers and an 8" foam roller... :)

Now Homeopaths... The two that touched me actually caused harm - one was not able to fix my 'rib out' condition and left me in pain... and the second one messed up my neck.

A good Chiropractor fixed me up.

Had a Physician tell me that "ribs don't pop out of place" ... But they sure can during a bought of pneumonia!!! Chiro fixed that up too! :)

Choose Well! Right tool for the job and all...
:waving:

·
Who, me?
1,172 Posts
You do know that a chiropractor is not a doctor?
Please go to dr.
Better you go to a veterinarian than a chiropractor.
Your ignorance is showing. Chiropractors are doctors, in every sense of the word. All chiropractic schools are accredited; chiropractors must pass 4 levels of national board examinations before taking state board exams. Further, chiropractors have been fully recognized by DHHS and Medicare since the 1960s.

Reactions: Dave514 and nam02G

·
Registered
43,594 Posts
Wilderness first aid.
Lay face down on in this case a table not downed tree.
Attach a 5 or 10 pound weight to affected arm at wrist.
Let gravity pull arm down.
Wait. Give it time to stretch and work.
:)
That's for a dislocated shoulder.

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
Sorry...really tired.
Cannot sleep either.
Back to lab soon...

·
Registered
32,264 Posts
Your ignorance is showing. Chiropractors are doctors, in every sense of the word. All chiropractic schools are accredited; chiropractors must pass 4 levels of national board examinations before taking state board exams. Further, chiropractors have been fully recognized by DHHS and Medicare since the 1960s.
Why, I saw one in the ER just the other day. I went in with pain in the RLQ with rebound tenderness, the chiro did a couple of adjustments and wouldn’t you know it, the pain just disappeared. I went home, and a few days later I was readmitted with peritonitis, this time I opted for a naturopath, she applied some essential oils and had me drink a gallon of colloidal silver, and wouldn’t you know it? I died. But the chiro bought me a couple of days.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Chiropractors are doctors, in every sense of the word.
Most of them are still quacks, though, and not far removed from faith healers. Their primary shtick is to temporarily reduce or stop a muscle spasm by cracking your back or giving it an electrical zap with a TENs unit. Granted, some people have their pain temporarily relieved by the reduction of the spasm, but it can soon return depending on the cause. Not actually solving the problem, of course, is good for the chiropractor's cash flow because the customer keeps coming back for more.

"According to magnetic healer Daniel D. Palmer, the founder of chiropractic, 'vertebral subluxation' was the sole cause of all diseases and manipulation was the cure for all diseases of the human race."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic_controversy_and_criticism

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,012 Posts
Here we go...

·
Registered
43,594 Posts
Why, I saw one in the ER just the other day. I went in with pain in the RLQ with rebound tenderness, the chiro did a couple of adjustments and wouldn’t you know it, the pain just disappeared. I went home, and a few days later I was readmitted with peritonitis, this time I opted for a naturopath, she applied some essential oils and had me drink a gallon of colloidal silver, and wouldn’t you know it? I died. But the chiro bought me a couple of days.
I don’t know for sure but I'm pretty certain that nobody treats or claims relief for appendicitis in that way. Not even in the 70 VA hospitals that have Chiropractors.

Reactions: Willard

·
NRA Life Member
5,388 Posts
The *SNARK* is STRONG in this thread...

Just sayin...
:waving:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts