Another You Tube big mouth - Glock is unsafe!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shawn mccarver, Aug 21, 2016.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

First I won’t click on link. I think I understand he is long winded, opinionated....
    There is a YouTube guy who made $230k last yr from social media. Over 4 times his profit from his business. Plus free stuff being sent weekly. $$$ stuff for him to try.

2. TxDave

TxDave Senior Member

The very first handgun I bought for myself, way back in the late 90's, was a Glock 22. I didn't know a thing about them... so the lack of a manual safety never occurred to me. I grew to appreciate Glocks for their elegant simplicity, both in use and maintenance, and it's reliability. It's a no brainer... keep your finger away from the trigger until you are ready for it to go bang. Since then I've owned several 1911's in addition to assorted Glocks. Loved them all. Never felt unsafe with any of them. Over the years they have come and gone... but the one that has remained is my trusty G23.

Guns are not unsafe if treated with respect... people can be though.

3. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

Statements that use mil/cops as a qualifier are usually ignorant.

Cops shoot themselves because they handle their Glock much more than the average person, and violate a firearm safety rule.
    If you violate firearm safety rules bad things can happen regardless of experience.

Glock is good for newbs as there are no safeties to deactivate, they're lightweight, and simple to operate. One of the reasons I chose Glock over 25yrs ago.

4. OXMYX

OXMYX

You’re driving business to his site where he makes money for each click.

good work

ExecutiveWill likes this.
  5. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

6. yep380

yep380

You’re kidding, right?

7. amd65

amd65

Didn’t read the entire sentence? Reading comprehension issues?

8. Shel

Shel

Let me try to explain his central point...

With the revolver, even if you cock the hammer back while loaded, you can slam the hammer, you can drop the gun, smash it against the ground... no matter WHAT you do to it, it aint gonna fire unless "you pull the trigger"!

Now with the Glock, the central problem is, even though it has that safety flipper thingy in the center of the trigger... all you have to do is PULL THE TRIGGER.. and the gun goes BOOOOM!

Totally unsafe! I think that's pretty clear!

9. Bradd D

Bradd D

So, the revolver will only go off if you pull the trigger whereas the Glock will only go off if you pull the trigger.

Bus007 and Rock2411 like this.
  10. NoStress

NoStress

Yeah. Carrying a fully loaded cocked revolver in a holster is the same thing, safety wise, as carrying a fully loaded Glock in a holster.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  11. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

This thread is four years old. Some of the posters are dead and others banned. :fred:

12. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

I caught that part of it but the posts I'm referring to happened after the resurrection and weren't mean or rude, that's what has me confused.

13. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I see I posted here but don't remember what it was. Just seeing the dude sitting in his chair with his java in the first 10 seconds, I'd take his word like I'd fly in a submarine.
    YtherereallyaresomesdoofusesoutthereMMV

14. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Veteran retired city police captain, NRA Police Firearms Instructor according to his Youtube channel.

I've watched a couple other of his videos which were interesting and he mentioned this. In one he says to *never* use oil on a gun.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8-MPsV2Wrg

While I don't agree with a lot of his opinions, I get a kick out of thinking how resourceful this (likely retired) old man is in using the internet.