GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, a which one should I get thread. I’m using a free gun certificate from GSSF.

I’m looking for an MOS model to use in GSSF and in an MOS instructor course. If I like it enough to carry, it can’t be larger than a 17. The 19 doesn’t float my boat so it looks like it’s down to a 17 or a 45.

Since sight radius isn’t a consideration and I don’t shoot any competitions that involve “power factor” what would be a reason to go with the longer barrel?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Can't go wrong with either. I have both in non MOS and would be hard pressed to choose a favorite. Probably the 17 for me due to extra velocity from the longer barrel.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
"Since sight radius isn’t a consideration and I don’t shoot any competitions that involve “power factor” what would be a reason to go with the longer barrel?"

I can't think of one.

Who puts on a MOS instructor course?

·
MacGyver
7,208 Posts
At best the MOS platforms are compromises, marketing to noobs. The better way is mill the slide to mount the RDS on the slide without an adaptor plate (there are several RDS that share the same footprint).

Also if your intention is to carry after the classes (more EDC time, than time in class), reconsider the Glock 19, and why it doesn't float your boat. The Glock19 can do everything a 17 can (I use mine with the Glock17 mags without a grip adapter) and is significantly easier to EDC.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Since sight radius isn’t a consideration and I don’t shoot any competitions that involve “power factor” what would be a reason to go with the longer barrel?"

I can't think of one.

Who puts on a MOS instructor course?
Glock

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At best the MOS platforms are compromises, marketing to noobs. The better way is mill the slide to mount the RDS on the slide without an adaptor plate (there are several RDS that share the same footprint).

Also if your intention is to carry after the classes (more EDC time, than time in class), reconsider the Glock 19, and why it doesn't float your boat. The Glock19 can do everything a 17 can (I use mine with the Glock17 mags without a grip adapter) and is significantly easier to EDC.
The 19 hits the heel of my hand just wrong and always points high. No such problem with the 17 , 45 or 26.
I can’t use a non factory slide in GSSF unless I shoot unlimited. I can use the MOS to teach folks with altered slides though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
...so it looks like it’s down to a 17 or a 45.
The last time I asked one of these type questions I got the same wisdom that I am passing along here... buy both.

I also have a free gun certificate and want an MOS gun for the new GSSF division. Right now I'm leaning toward the 45 MOS to pair with my plain 45. At first I was thinking about a 19 MOS because of the way my 44 fits my hand. I like it better than I though I would. Maybe I should just buy both...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Bigger question is, where would a person find any of these pistols in today’s wiped out by panic marketplace? All the models listed sell out immediately.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bigger question is, where would a person find any of these pistols in today’s wiped out by panic marketplace? All the models listed sell out immediately.
The gun comes directly from Glock if I use my certificate (will involve a wait though) but I can walk into 9 different stores within 15 miles of me and get a 26 or 17 that isn’t MOS. If I want a 19MOS or a 17MOS, the number drops to 3 or I have to drive further.

Reactions: Nagoya10

·
Registered
99 Posts

Yeah I made that mistake on my first glock which I sold to buy a non MOS model. I would go AOS or ATOM cuts before that MOS trash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
They do sell pretty fast, but if one follows various social media accounts for their LGS you can see when and what they just got off the delivery truck. One LGS here takes appointments and posts it's inventory and updates it throughout the day and at night so if you see that they got their glock shipment in then you just call in the morning to make an appointment and hope no one bought what you wanted. I've had friends call from the parking lot right as they opened and got an appointment right away and got the rifles they wanted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts