Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nutjob alert. :rofl: He did have a carry permit for his pistol, so at least he's not facing a charge for that... :crazy: The "Fugitive Recovery Agent" ID is the best part of this one IMHO. :supergrin:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100402/METRO/4020412/1361/Holly-man-charged-with-impersonating-cop

Holly man charged with impersonating cop

Mike Martindale / The Detroit News

Clarkston -- A 47-year-old Holly man is facing charges of impersonating a police officer after he was arrested driving around with a fake badge, police clothing and a handgun on his waist.

Koon Sun Yee was arraigned on two charges of impersonating an officer -- a misdemeanor punishable by up to 93 days in jail and fines -- on Thursday after a medical worker reported him leaving an Independence Township medical building on March 31 wearing a gun and what appeared to be a Waterford police badge.

Workers also reported he had been seen at the building on other occasions wearing firefighter clothing and had told others he worked as a Waterford dispatcher.

"We're still looking into this and trying to determine whether this was just a case of him misleading others into thinking he was a police officer for ego gratification or perhaps something more serious," said Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard. "The important thing is it was reported to us, we located the individual and have seized items which he does not appear to have appropriate or authorized use."

Yee -- who Bouchard said is not a police officer, fireman or a dispatcher -- was pulled over in a drugstore parking lot, where deputies also recovered emergency lights in his vehicle, a mobile police radio,and a .40 caliber handgun strapped to his waist and two clips loaded with ammunition.

Yee was also in possession of a North Oakland Fire Authority Paramedic badge, rescue badge, fire ID with the name "Charlie Yee," a Fugitive Recovery agent ID with his picture and his photo with the name "Charlie Hayes" and a pair of steel handcuffs.

Yee, who could not be reached for comment Friday, was also found in possession of a generic shirt with "Police Officer" and a sewn-on police badge. While he is legally licensed to carry a weapon, according to state records, investigators have been unable to determine if he is or has ever been associated with any public safety agency.

"We will be contacting other departments to see if they have any reports about someone impersonating a police officer," Bouchard said. "These happen from time to time, and we have had incidents in which people have been pulled over and even robbed in their homes by people pretending to be police."

Clarkston 52-2 District Judge Kelley Kostin ordered Yee released on $5,000 personal bond pending an April 22 pre-trial exam on the charges.

Mugshot:

·
Massive Member
26,374 Posts
Note to self: If I'm going to have a collection of fake ids, make sure they all have the same name on them...

Randy

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
FYI. The Fugitive Recovery Agency is a scam. Marks are initially given training material in exchange for $300 to $500 and taken for as much $$$ as possible with promises of additional training, equipment, ID and bounty work. See your agency's intell guy/guy for more info. If you come across a "victim" wannabe, consider developing that angle.

·
Duct Tape?
348 Posts
FYI. The Fugitive Recovery Agency is a scam. Marks are initially given training material in exchange for $300 to $500 and taken for as much $$$ as possible with promises of additional training, equipment, ID and bounty work. See your agency's intell guy/guy for more info. If you come across a "victim" wannabe, consider developing that angle.
Haha...I had to look up the agency to see.

It's champion stuff. Hooray for Engrish!:supergrin:

http://fugitiverecovery.com/id/2145/

But I think this one might actually be the one you're talking about:
http://www.theusfra.com/

·
Super Moderator
58,988 Posts
Did he mumble something about...wait, that didn't go over well in the last couple of CCWer threads...

Just hope no impressionable new CCWers read this and make him their hero.

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
Speaking of which... I don't think OD stands for Olive Drab. More likely Over Dosed on something or other...

·
Florist
20,781 Posts

·
2A RKBA 4EVER
3,586 Posts
But no Hair Club for men ID? Go figure...

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
'BOGUS BADGE' BOUNTY HUNTERS BUSTED
By KATI CORNELL and JENNIFER FERMINO
Last Updated: 8:18 AM, July 2, 2008
Posted: 4:03 AM, July 2, 2008
Two operators of a bounty-hunter training school were busted yesterday for doling out phony badges to students, many of whom have lengthy rap sheets and used the credentials in carrying out violent crimes, federal authorities said yesterday.

School founder Ralph Rios and a disgraced ex-NYPD detective, Robert Neves, were nabbed for allegedly distributing more than 3,000 bogus badges through the US Recovery Bureau, a school based in Passaic, NJ, which counts accused killer Darryl Littlejohn among its graduates.

The program came on the feds' radar on June 2, 2005 when two grads with badges and criminal records barged into 26 Federal Plaza, home to the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security. The pair claimed to be on a "fugitive task force," a law-enforcement source said.

Investigators became more alarmed when Littlejohn came under suspicion in the slaying of John Jay student Imette St. Guillen a year later. He was found to have used a badge from the school to land his job as a bouncer.

"They don't do any background checks," the source said of the school, adding that grads have been arrested for "push-in robberies, impersonating law enforcement, ripping off drug dealers and, with Darryl Littlejohn, homicide, to name but a few."

A review of 943 students of the training program turned up at least 78 convicted felons, according to court papers.
It was these guys, the US Recovery Bureau.

·
Massive Member
26,374 Posts
But no Hair Club for men ID? Go figure...
Confidentiality is one of their highest priorities... don't ask me how I know, they tried to recruit me in a bathroom once....

:wow: Come to think of it, I HOPE that guy was from hair club for men!!!

Randy

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
Confidentiality is one of their highest priorities... don't ask me how I know, they tried to recruit me in a bathroom once....

:wow: Come to think of it, I HOPE that guy was from hair club for men!!!

Randy
Did he tap his foot in the next stall to see it you knew the secret fugitive recovery agent cipher?:whistling:

:clown:

·
Cover is Code 3
4,277 Posts
An Asian guy going by the name "Charlie". OK.

·
Massive Member
26,374 Posts
Did he tap his foot in the next stall to see it you knew the secret fugitive recovery agent cipher?:whistling:
:rofl: No wide stance issues if that's what you mean.. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm always wary of guys chatting me up in the bathroom.

He had just moved into our office building, we knew he worked for Hair Club. The girls were all a twitter over him, good looking guy, italian cut suits, the whole nine yards. What I never would have guessed was he was also a client.... Starts innocently enough, "so what do you do for a living?". I explain computer stuff, but am smart enough to know I'm supposed to reply "so what do YOU do for a living?", giving him the opening for a sales pitch.. :rofl: I was having some fun making him work the conversation to that direction. Finally got there, gave me a brochure, which featured him, among others, got the sales pitch about confidentiality being their #1 priority. Said thanks, took the brochure, and IMMEDIATELY went to the girls in the office "Hey, you know that cute guy that just moved in down the hall? CHECK THIS OUT!!! " :supergrin:

I used to work with classified stuff, so I know when to spill the beans and when to keep something secret... :supergrin: I didn't see anything in the brochure about "Not more than 10 years and/or not more than $10,000", so Hair Club for Men is fair game...

Don't ask me about the time I'm in the bathroom in a bar and hear a faint voice from the stall area "help me.... help me...." Fun times. But I hate to derail the thread too badly...

Randy

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
Don't ask me about the time I'm in the bathroom in a bar and hear a faint voice from the stall area "help me.... help me...." Fun times. But I hate to derail the thread too badly...

Randy
OK I won't ask you. I will firmly suggest that you start another thread on that topic.:supergrin:

·
38,473 Posts
It was these guys, the US Recovery Bureau.
Why would you ever go to the FBI and DHS with fake credentials... they don't even respect real credentials from the locals.

Anyway, what background check and standards do they want from these kind of yahoos anyway? I didn't even know bounty hunting had any standards other than being able to fog up a mirror and sometimes even that is suspect.

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
Why would you ever go to the FBI and DHS with fake credentials... they don't even respect real credentials from the locals.

Anyway, what background check and standards do they want from these kind of yahoos anyway? I didn't even know bounty hunting had any standards other than being able to fog up a mirror and sometimes even that is suspect.
No standards unless it is through the state? :dunno:

As to FBI and DHS respecting real credentials, heck I used to even look at their's with suspicion. Once we all get the smart card ID's maybe that will be toned down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts