close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ANOTHER "victory" for gender-integrated warship crews.....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gunboat1, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

Probe: U.S. Navy Ships Raced Each Other at Sea

Friday, March 05, 2010

A Navy official speaking on condition of anonymity says USNA graduate Captain Holly Graf was relieved of her command in January for cruelty and maltreatment and for conduct unbecoming an officer.

The idiotic policy of assigning women to navy ships continues to bear fruit - but just the poisonous kind. In thirty-two years of association with the USN, I have NEVER seen an officer relieved of command for "cruelty and maltreatment". She has set a new record for the modern era.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The Navy's getting pretty gay about the racing thing - maybe they need more women? I'm pretty sure the Army or Marines would consider that a sign of high motivation and an esprit building competition.

3. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

I don't have a problem with the race - my own ship at various times informally raced our sisters of the Pegasus class PHM's and won - making us the fastest warship in any Navy at the time.

I do have a problem with "cruelty and maltreatment" as a Commanding Officer.

There's a great deal wrong with today's Navy - and it ain't about racing. It stems from a pervasive climate of political correctness and stupid gender-integration policies mandated by our boneheaded congress.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  4. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Here is one that gives a little more detail on where she screwed up...

5. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

She just LOOKS like a beeotch!

[​IMG]

6. RioKid

RioKid

Disregard. Oxcops posted the bigger story.

7. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Read the first paragraph of the article I posted. It states she wasnt demoted for racing, but for berating and assaulting her crew.

8. RioKid

RioKid

Yeah, you posted that while I was writing my post. Thanks.:wavey:

9. Gunboat1

Gunboat1 A.F.A.M.

10. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

Thats a "she"...:faint:

11. SanityAssassin

SanityAssassin

Why do you think her bad behavior is due to her gender?

How many female officers have you seen, how many male, and how many of each relieved of command?

Maybe women do make terrible officers, but this doesn't prove it.

12. chuckman

chuckman

She SHOULD be relieved. Horrible officer. As for the racing, that is a non-issue. Lots of boats do that in the Navy. It helps ship efficiency, crew morale, combat readiness.

The tragedy is that she isn't being CM'd, but rather reassigned. Sure, it's a career-killer, but she is already a captain, would likely not make admiral, and was going to retire in a couple years anyway. Nothing but a blemish on her record.

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I agree on walking the dogs and playing piano, but the rest? Seriously? I've worked with Navy people and I udnerstand that they and the Air Force may be a little less "harsh" in how they do things, but that's just silly.

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

What's up, dude? :rofl:

[​IMG]

Another man hater.

15. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

True, but how much of it is ever reported? I mean, we all know it shouldn't happen, and there are rules in place saying so, but if it doesn't get reported, nothing is done about it. Who knows if gender played any part in the decision of those that reported it. We'll never know.

Could be that most people don't really care and deal with it, while some others can't stand it.

16. Steve0853

Steve0853

Really??........a member of the US military considers being hit with wadded up paper assault??

Having to stand in timeout humiliating???

Using profane language in the Navy??? OMG!!! OMG!!

I hope no one ever actually fires a weapon at these sailors.

Golly........I'm glad they didn't punish them like they did me by making them write "I will NOT screw up" 500 times......wait a minute, that wasn't the military, that was 4th grade.....

17. Rashid.4v

Rashid.4v

I agree on this too. The navy practically pioneered cursing :supergrin:, getting berated and belittled are par for the course in military life at one time or another though I don't usually expect it at her rank, and we don't know the context in which this occurred. Emotions/tempers can flare under heavy stress and combat(getting multiple calls for fire support from spec ops boys in serious crap).
    My battalion commander would've never treated me(E-7) like that but a captain probably got his buttocks reamed a few times.
    Putting your hands on someone isn't typical though. One thing is certain I'm not confident that we have all the details. A couple of little bizsnitches calling a hotline and complaining holds alot less weight for me than filing formal harassment complaints.
    There's more to this story and I think that for what ever reason(cuz she's a GI Jane) her crew had out for her.

18. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I don't know if she's guilty or what.

But come on, getting in trouble for giving someone a time out? She was just using mommy skills.

Would it have been ok if she had hit the guy in the jaw, like I've seen John Wayne do in his movies?

Just seems like there'd be more serious infractions, and makes me wonder why all they got is a time out to charge her with.

Oh, that and asking someone to play piano. Oh the horror! :wow:

19. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I'm a grown man, as are most sailors. Well, I did say most.

No one, not even my "Commander" is going to place me in "time out". That stopped being done to me when I was four years old. "Demeaning"......you bet your skivvies. And quite un-necessary. If I screw up, tell me.......cuss me a bit if I've made a mistake. I can take that, because I would probably deserve it. But treat me as a child, just because you can? No, I'd be leaving before she did, for striking a superior officer (right).........many times. And not with paper wads.

If that's the best way a Superior knows to lead, they don't deserve the position they have. And it seems the Navy agrees.

When is the last time your Gunny or DI ever told you, "Ok, it's 'time out' for you!"? It's the Military for gosh sake, not a day care.

20. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

That's what happen when you put chicks in the military.

Before Holly Graf, Naval officers were known for their exemplary personal deportment. But when chicks started to serve in the Armed Forces, standards dropped. I'll bet that Skyhook scandal wouldn't have happened had there been no chicks serving in the Navy.