Another Verizon Wireless equipment question

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mr981

Mr981

I've had my MOT9Qc for 2 years and I can upgrade now, but Verizon, in their wisdom, is making you take a $30/month data plan as the minimum data service when you get even one of their low end smartphones--HTC Ozone. Also, from what the Verizon customer service types have told me, you cannot turn off the data service once you get the phone--you're stuck with it for 24 months.

Now one of the things I like about the 9Qc was that when i didn't need the mobile data--and there are months that I don't need it--I can turn it off and save $30.

I'm thinking that there have to been other phones-multimedia phones ?--that can get email or web browse when you want to--and then turn the service off when it isn't needed.

Any recommendations on this? thanks..

2. unklechuckles19

unklechuckles19

AT&T is the same way, it's an extra $30/month for the data plan for my Iphone 3Gs. I look at it this way, it's on dollar per day for unlimited use of the internet. I'm one of those people who said "ahhhhhhh what do I need the internet on my phone for?!?" Until I had the Iphone...Now I don't know what would happen if it were broken. I use the internet and email all day. The dollar per day is worth it for me, it comes down to whether you want it or not.

3. Rutha73

Rutha73

I have the LG Voyager, I don't use the internet much. just occasionally to check the weather, email, or facebook everyonce in a while. I don't have a data plan, i just pay by the MB. I don't think I use the internet features enough to pay for a data package, I should probly check this month though cause I have used it more than normal.