Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not tough, but hear me out.

A few months ago I started a thread asking about EPOS watches, and if anyone had any experience with them. From what I've gathered, they're a smaller Swiss watchmaker, nor particularly well-known, but known in limited circles for offering Swiss Quality for jap prices.

Anyhow, I'd found a watch I liked--ETA 2824, sapphire glass, a submariner knock-off--but decided against it at the last moment because despite the awesome price of only three bills, the band was MUCH too thin and tapered for my tastes.

This royally pissed me off.

Yesterday I was back at my local retailer and walked past the EPOS display, and noticed THIS:

Now chick THIS out--

It's 44mm, sapphire, ETA 2892 (EVEN BETTER!), with a REAL BAND (nice and hefty and wide), and it's going for 41,000 yen (so a little under $400), minus my ten percent discount, so coming in at about $350 US.

What do you think? There's an Orient Sapphire GMT that I've been dying to pick up for the same price, but this one is just SO MUCH MORE up my alley.

The only problem is that next week I receive the VX-200 I won on Ebay, and I don't really have an all-out need for nearly identically-styled watches.

What to do...what to do...???

Buy it? Wait? Screw it? What's the plan, folks???

TR

302 Posts
You STILL haven't had a chance to play with your VX-200?? Your missing out! I think you'll love the VX once you get it. I'd wait and see if you really want to spend the money. The epos looks good, but I don't think it's anything spectacular.

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
What to do...what to do...???

Buy it? Wait? Screw it? What's the plan, folks???
IMHO, save your money and buy a used Tag. It'll hold its value and the company will be around to service your watch in 20 years.

I just can't stand watches that scream -- we have no imagination so we have to copy Rolex. We can't sell our watches with our own style, so, well, we'll just copy the most popular brand in the world.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, folks.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about it being unspectacular, and a blatant Rolex knock-off. It's just that I need an everyday black watch to wear in the office, as the SKX007 is just a beater and the VX is more for weekends (and too blingy for my work attire).

Truth is, I'm still itching to buy that Orient GMT.

It's odd, it's busy, it's assembled IN CHINA and it's non-hacking/non-windable...but it's completely different from anything else I have, and the model marked "Sapphire" can't be gotten stateside.

When it comes down to it, I'll probably just buy both...although I'd ditch this EPOS in a second if I could get my hands on a silver Tissot Seastar 1000.

TR

·
Boat Life ©
13,038 Posts
So, you're willing to waste money on two inferior watches when you really want a Tissot.

Got Tissot dude! Love mine!

·
Registered
919 Posts
that gmt is nice, i like the busy face. however tissots are very nice about a year ago i picked up a porto. i agree about the whole rolex look of the epos id pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts