Another Satisfied Customer . . .OD G19 from Ed's Public Safety!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tbird911, Mar 2, 2010.

1. tbird911

tbird911

HI All,

I just got delivery confirmation at my local FFL. My new OD G19 was recieved at 9:41 this am. I really cant wait to pick it up at lunch!

I will post some pics etc. this evening, but I wanted to post about my experience with Ed's Public Safety . . .

I called Ed's and initially was told they were out of G19s in general, so I inquired about ordering one. I was transferred to Jeremy and he did some serious searching in their system and found that they actually had one OD Green G19 in stock. I was told the normal price on the gun was $499 (if I remember correctly). I asked about the GSSF discount and Jeremy took all my info, signed me up and then quoted me the updated price . . . $424.00 for the gun, $35.00 for GSSF and $19.99 for shipping. All done over the internet with no sales tax. Needless to say, the deal was done at around 2:00pm and this morning the gun arrived at my FFL.

If you are considering a Glock purchase, give these guys a chance and you certainly wont be disappointed.

Tbird out.

2. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010

3. stormcaller111

stormcaller111

+1.....I ordered a 26 from them at 6pm last Monday February 22nd. It showed up at 10am on Tuesday the 23rd at my FFL in New York. They are top notch.

4. coondog22554

coondog22554 Lifetime Member

Just curious, where is the expiration date located? :upeyes:
    You do realize that on some models such as the G35 there may only be one production run a year.

5. Beads

Beads

Congrats! Looking to met this Ed guy for a 26 once I scrounge up $500. Lol nohing but good hits and can't beat those prices!

6. tbird911

tbird911

Correct . . . I asked and they told ... while I dont remember exactly the date stamp, it placed the G19 approximately 1 year old. The gun is brand new, unfired in the box with all of the associated goodies. Ed's does such a large amount of military/LEO business that they mark certain guns for mil/LEO sales and certain guns for commercial. This "label" is based on their source and cost. They have been doing much more business with LEO/MIL so they were showing out of stock on those G19s, but when the staff checked the weapons marked for commercial (they have a dwindling inventory of these due to the lower volume of commercial sales), they found this one in stock. Apparently, this OD Green G19 has been sitting in their inventory for about a year and was overlooked (in the same way I was originally told they didnt have any).

I do know this . . . they had in OD,NIB, and with the finish that I like and a great price. Here locally, the G19 (cant find an OD one) goes for $529.00 - $539.00 plus tax. I got mine for $479.00 shipped plus $35.00 at my FFL and that includes the membership to GSSF. :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  7. DougC

DougC

I bought my new G20SF from Ed's. Great place and people to deal with. Blake took care of me and couldn't have been more pleasant. Ordered the pistol late last Wednesday morning and it was at my FFL at lunch time Thursday!

8. tbird911

tbird911

Obviously I'm excited . . . so I call over to the FFL and I'm told that I need to pick it up tomorrow around noon. I inquire as to why I have to wait. I'm promptly told that the "guy" who checks guns in doesnt get in until around 1 oclock today.

Thats frustrating . . . I'm one of those guys that still works a 50 hour week . . .LOL. Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow instead of today. :crying:

9. bambooi

bambooi

They'll take it to the range and check it for you.:wow::tongueout:

10. 2ninersavo

2ninersavo

ED's is a fine dealer. They are first class and up front with you. I know that I bugged them with a lot of questions when I bought my gun from them and they where always polite. I would buy from them again and I'm planning to do just that in the near future. 29R

11. James Dean

James Dean

Your lucky. I'm at 30 days today and still no permit. I hate living in NJ

12. tbird911

tbird911

I guess I'm just surprised with the way some businesses are run . . . I guess when there is only on show in town, they get away with it. They also wanted me to pay a premium for the FFL transfer since they stock Glocks and I ordered from someone else and had it shipped to them. I told them that they might stock Glocks, but they never have OD green and the guy said that there must have been some mistake and the fee dropped to $35.00 including the background check. :)

13. tbird911

tbird911

Sorry for the rush job on the pics . . . .

Here they are . . .

OD G19 -- Just purchased from Ed's

Black G26 -- Warrent Tactical Trit front/ w Warren Tactical plain rear & Agrips Wrap

Black G21 -- Warren Tactical F/O front (.115) w/ Warren Tactical plain rear & Agrips Camo wrap -- custom grip reduction and tapering making near identical if not slightly improved over a 21SF.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tbird-Out

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010