close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another red dot inquiry

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by the swamp fox, Mar 12, 2010.

1. the swamp fox

the swamp fox

I just purchased a Colt 6450 9mm AR with the fixed carry handle. As this AR is a 9mm variant, I'm looking for advice on a good economical red dot for the carry handle. Fire away.....all input appreciated.:wavey:

The Swamp Fox

2. kabob983

kabob983 "Mostly" Dead

It's got a fixed carry handle? You're going to need an adapter to mount an optic on the handle itself. After that I suppose any red dot optic will work just fine.

3. the swamp fox

the swamp fox

All 6540's have a fixed carry handle. As far as I know, Olympics Arms has a patent on the detachable carry handle version of 9mm AR's. Colt and RRA have tried unsuccessfully to purchase the right from Olympics .

4. WarMachine

WarMachine

It never ceases to amaze me what patents are granted. The recent debacle between Apple and HTC comes to mind.

But anyway, you can basically go with any optic you want. The issue is going to be finding a mount to attach to the carry handle.

About the only "budget" optic I would use is the Primary Arms line (particularly the PA Microdot). It should be fine if this is going to mainly be a plinker or range gun. I obviously prefer Aimpoints when it comes to an optic to stake your life on, but the PA's are great for the money.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

We have some inexpensive carry handle mounts and our Gen 1 Micro Dot sits very low on the rail. Together around $100.

http://www.primaryarms.com/

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010