Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once again my wife, being the evil person that she is, has twisted my arm and forced me to drag home another of these old, totally non-tactical sidearms. I mean how did people get along back in the day with only six shots, no tactical rail, no flashlight, no laser sight, while carrying something about the weight of a cinder-block? No wonder finish, even. I'm surprised it's not just a block of rust. There's not even a scrap of "tupperwear" on it. :whistling:

It says something about "Smith & Wesson" on one side of the barrel. "357 ctg. Highway Patrolman" on the other side. "Model 28-2" under the crane.

To top it off it was in an old cardboard box with a bunch of old papers in there too. A CARDBOARD BOX of all things. :embarassed:

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Total junk. No plastic. No tritium sights. No laser. No rail for a light/window breaker. No threaded barrel. Only 6 rounds of an antiquated cartridge. And where do you put the grip plug?

It will leave you to rely only on steel, craftsmanship and skill. The horror.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Very nice. I have one but maybe a third of the bluing is gone. But the trigger is wonderful.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Your wife sounds like a horrible person for forcing such an awful thing on you.

Does she have a sister?

·
12,970 Posts
When i still worked in a shop, had an old guy come in to have his wheelgun cleaned.

He had an original first year issue Model 28. His duty gun from back in the day as a state trooper i believe? Still in excellent shape. That's a hell of a gun. It's technically a bit obsolete, but with proper training, it'd still get it done.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Nice wheelgun. I've shot one of those before and it was a good shooter. The weight tamed the recoil. Don't know what to tell you about the lack of polymer or gadget rails. I think the muzzle flash and roar of a .357 Mag precludes the need for a multitude of rounds. :cool:

·
Stop the steal!
18,001 Posts
Heh,heh,heh! Great sense of humor! :supergrin:

I've owned a 6" 28-2 for about 15 years......and had every intention of selling it when I purchased a 4" 28-2 last year.

.....Just couldn't do it! :wavey:........so, now I have two of these damned boat anchors! :rofl:

Now, what I have to do is get TWO BOATS! :faint:

hog

1 - 20 of 29 Posts