Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a brand new G36 other day to add to the concealed carry stable. I've shot my Lt.'s 36 and was impressed with the slim, easy to shoot little .45 and had to have one. And, she fits beautifully in the MTAC body that I have for the 19 and 27. Nice. :cool:

What the heck happened to mag prices ? Anyway, I have two spares on the way. Prices are nuts though. :crying:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is it just me or is the G-36 making a pretty big come back? I have been seeing a lot more post lately on the 36. Didn't hear anything much (except negative post) a while back. I love the 36 and that will be my next gun. Glad to see more post on this fine model.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen more posts here regarding the 36 than I have in the past. I haven't shot this one yet but I really like the slim profile and the feel in the grip. I think it will be an excellent carry gun to compliment the 19 and 27.

·
transmogrifier
12,512 Posts
My G36 is one of my most valued possessions.

For my needs it is very nearly perfect.
About the only way it could be improved is if it had a 16-gig MP3 player built into the grip. :cool:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I bought one about a month ago and think it is an excellent gun. This from someone that carried 1911s for years. I've put about 600 rds through it so far without a problem. Mostly 230g FMJ but also 230g Winchester RA45T and 230g Federal HST P45HST2. Trigger broke in nice so I'm going to leave it alone. I added Pearce +0 and +1 mag extensions because of the pinky pinch stock mags gave me. The only thing I plan on changing is the front sight. I need something I can see better. I'm waiting on a cowhide IWB from UBG Holsters so currently using an old nylon holster that barely fits. Even with that it carries nice and I believe it is a terrific gun for CCW.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Look at the 36/30sf hybrid thread. Thay have lots of pics. The gun is very, very close to a G19. In fact, they use G19 holsters for them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have owned, at various times, a G27, G26, and currently a G17. The G17 is rapidly replacing my 1911 as my range/IDPA gun, so I'm thinking of trading the 1911 in on a G36. I'm attracted by the concealability - it seems almost the same size as the G26/27's - yet it packs the .45ACP punch.

Speaking of which, how does it shoot? Does it have so much recoil that it's no fun to shoot. How would it compare in that regard to a 1911?

Because it's a Glock I'm not worried about reliability. Also, can you shoot lead reloads or must I pop for a Lone Wolf barrel?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'd like to hear from people who actually own a G36.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Purchased a 36 recently for strictly summer carry in wrangler jean type front pocket during the daylight hours. Gun is only noticeable for feel when you sit in a car or ride a motorcycle but after awhile you become used to the feeling. Gun removes easily from pocket. Nice gun, easy carry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Picked up a brand new G36 other day to add to the concealed carry stable. I've shot my Lt.'s 36 and was impressed with the slim, easy to shoot little .45 and had to have one. And, she fits beautifully in the MTAC body that I have for the 19 and 27. Nice. :cool:

What the heck happened to mag prices ? Anyway, I have two spares on the way. Prices are nuts though. :crying:

My 36 is pretty much becomming my main carry, 6 six of the big bully thats comming out sems like enough

I ordered the backing that is actually made for the 36 for my MTAC, changed it out a few days ago and it fits even better

1 - 20 of 23 Posts