Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been wanting a Glock 26 for a while now, and I finally found one in stock at a decent price, so I bought it. It was new with standard sights for $495 cash or $509 credit. That's $15 to $20 more than the best non-LEO price here in central Pennsylvania.

I've ordered GAP floor plates, a CrossBreed SuperTuck holster in cowhide with combat cut, and a SmartCarry holster in denim. This will be my first experience with IWB and SmartCarry carry. Hopefully it will be a good one. I may get a few Pearce +0 extensions to see how they compare to the GAPs. I may also try a slip-on grip which I prefer on my 19 and 30. Night sights will be a future option.

I'll have to see how it shoots and conceals before I decide if it'll serve as primary, deep concealment only, or backup to my Glock 30. As for pictures... it's just a stock Glock (but this one is mine).

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Great gun, holster, and floorplates. The GAP plates do an excellent job and the Crossbreed is one of the most comfortable IWBs available. Congrats!

·
Registered
94 Posts
congrats! good choice. not a bad price, i bought mines two weeks ago for $565 with night sights.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice setup. i really like the pearce +0, makes a big difference for me. try them.
Thanks. When comparing the Pearce and GAP extensions/rests, it will be a matter of utility and concealability. Maybe it'll be GAP for the SuperTuck and Pearce for the SmartCarry. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
42,132 Posts
That's an outstanding deal! Congrats on the 26!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Congratulations. It's very easy to conceal a G26. I can easily hide mine even when wearing a t-shirt.

·
GTDS FOR LIFE
10,587 Posts
Great choice. Congrats

·
Oklahoman!
851 Posts
The case for my cell phone would work GREAT as a G26 mag pouch (carrying the mag horizontally on my belt, as it does my phone) if it was just a wee bit bigger.

I think I'll look for one a bit bigger than the one I have and see if I can't carry an extra mag "incognito" (though people might wonder why I'm wearing TWO cell phones on my belt :) ).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts