another mag question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kooman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. kooman

kooman

i have 3 glock mags that after loaded to full capacity the top round angles up more in front, kind of like the lips are starting to spread. is this normal or is it going to be time for some new mags? thanks

2. vmann

vmann Controller

normal, but pics to confirm it would be nice...

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

Glock mags are pretty tough. You shouldn't be too worried but post some pics just in case.

4. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

It sounds like you're wondering if you wore out your metal liners?

I don't know about that but you can check your springs pretty easy. I'm sure you can find a reference somewhere. I think as a general rule of thumb you want them to stick out the top of the magazine about 1 1/2" when the follower isn't installed. But you need to double check that.

5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Do they work?

6. kooman

kooman

yea they work, it just looks to me that the lips are spreading a little farther than usual, putting the nose of the cartrage at a higher angle. after the mag is inserted into the gun it levels out.i am probably just paranoid. ill see about getting some pics

7. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

The last round is usually a little tight going into my G19 mags. I started noticing that this was especially true when I was reloading outdoors, without a work surface. It seemed to me that friction was building up between the casings, and not allowing for full compaction of the stack. This seemed especially true if the casings had some patina on them.

So I got into the habit of pushing down hard a few times on the top of the stack, after loading 12 or 13 rounds, then proceeding on with the last few. This seems to help consolidate them, and makes #15 fit more easily on top.