close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

another Lone wolf 40-9 conversion report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stepnmud, Mar 17, 2012.

1. stepnmud

stepnmud

I'm very new to the Glocks and wanted a little change from shooting revolvers. Got a G22 3gen. police trade in couple months ago and have been real happy so far with the 40SW, but liked the idea of the conversion barrels and all the aftermarket stuff available for Glocks. Today with a brand new 40-9 Lone Wolf conversion barrel, stainless steel guide rod, 15 lb. recoil spring and OEM 17 rd mags and a 33 rd. mag unknown maker. Started with a box of 20 rd. Gold Dots 124gr. short barrel hollow points, then 50 rd. box of American Eagle 147 gr. FMJ and a box of Blazer Brass 115gr. FMJ. and ending with a few reloads. All rounds chambered and fired and ejected with no to the face except for one of my reloads at the end and needed to be reracked to close the slide. I'm thing my reloads might be just a bit to light. Very happy camper with the Lone Wolf barrel and guide rod/spring and even the ridiculously long 33 round magazine.

Attached Files:

2. barth

barth six barrels

Welcome to GT.
    Glad things are working out for you.

I think the 9mm conversion barrels are some of the best kept secrets of Glocks - LOL!

Not really a secret if you live in these parts though...

Update:
    Some of my friends are disappointed when I don't post pics... LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

3. infidel66687

infidel66687

I had a Lone Wolf 40-9 bbl in an XD and never had 1 problem with it.

4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

15#'s is a really lightweight 9mm recoil spring. (Just saying!) ;)

5. HK Dan

HK Dan

No it's not. They are 15 from the factory!

Ps--I ran 11s in my .40 for USPSA. No harm, no damage, just quicker, flatter shooting.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  6. bac1023

bac1023

7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

G-19, Factory standard recoil spring = 18#'s.
    G-22, Factory standard recoil spring = 17#'s.

10 & 11# springs are the lightest you should go in a G-22. 15#'s is the lightest you should go in a G-19.

PS: Some shooters favor light springs for recoil management; others favor heavy. I, personally, tend to favor a slightly heavier spring; but, then again, I'm not much for, 'throwing spitballs' at a target. All depends upon how you teach yourself to handle a pistol.

8. MikeG36

MikeG36

Congrats and welcome to GT. Looks like you scored twice. (G22 and LWD 40 => 9 barrel) Nice shooting and I'll bet you'll be posting similar pics from 20 - 25 yards very soon. Enjoy!!

9. slimgoodman

slimgoodman

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site--but not new to Glocks. I have 40-9 LW barrels for G22,23 & 27 with no problems. I have not changed to lighter recoil springs & all three shoot great.

10. bruzer

bruzer

Using a Gen 4 G22 w/ 40-9 conversion the Wife was having a fit with stove pipes using the stock recoil spring assembly (RSA) and target rounds. Load up +P 9mm and no issues. Bought a Gen 4 G17 RSA ($20) and it has been trouble free using the target loads for her.
    Mike

11. Mr.Reignman

Mr.Reignman

how is a ligher recoil spring making the shooting faster?:dunno:

12. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

By increasing the slide speed and, thereby, causing the slide not to lift as much during recoil. In hands that are accustomed to handling a pistol like this, a faster slide makes the front sight seem easier to control.

http://www.custom-glock.com/springtech.html

Some shooters have trained themselves to handle recoil that, 'snaps' back; and others are more comfortable managing a slower recoiling slide which they, also, perceive as being easier to control.

http://www.jspublications.net/tips/LightLoadsMyth.html

My personal opinion is that, for anyone who takes gunfighting seriously, heavier hotter bullets and slower heavier recoil should - on an instinctive or proprioceptive level - be the right way to go.

(This means factory-standard recoil spring weights, or even slightly heavier recoil springs are the best to use. You choose.)

13. stepnmud

stepnmud

14. Frank V

Frank V

Stepnmud
    Welcome to Glock Talk. Glad you are having good results with your LW bbl. I hear lots of good reports on them, & it only costs the price of a bbl to change calibers. I like that.
    Congratulations.
    Frank

15. FLSlim

FLSlim

Welcome and glad you liked the conversion barrel. I have one for my G23 and it has been flawless.