Another gunman charged in Kyle Ritterhouse investigation.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fox, Oct 20, 2020.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

From what I have seen. He displayed remarkable maturity, weapons handling in a extremely dangerous situation. While it would have been better if he was not there. That goes 10x for those attacking him. He asked people not to burn down a business. (After cleaning up graffiti) he assisted in putting out a arson fire. When threatened he did not resort to deadly force. He ran. It wasn’t until partly cornered, hearing a gunshot behind him he responded with deadly force. He then called a Police Officer. (Not 911 so there he made a mistake) then again 911 would be a PITA to deal with. (See below)
    Mob threatens. He must leave the injured guy and run. (He could have used gun to protect himself from the mob, some who were armed, guns in hand)
    He fell, was attacked by multiple attackers, some armed with guns, skateboard, boots, unknown. After shooting IIRC skateboard attacker he turns to armed with gun attacker. Who stops, acts like he is surrendering. Kyle takes muzzle off him to check other threats. The guy renews attack. Kyle almost “disarms” him. I hope I do that well. Deadly threat, lethal force, not lethal force, lethal force. IMO if he shot attacker with the pistol who was starting to signal “I give up”. IMO reasonable shot. (We cant expect a civilian heck even Police to switch back so quickly)

Imagine calling 911. Explaining why you shot someone, running away...

n2g, nrajeff, Syclone0538 and 2 others like this.
  2. HanKill

HanKill

Actually I think he handled that gun extremely well...

n2g, mjmac, badge315 and 8 others like this.

3. Detectorist

Detectorist

So he didn't defend himself?

n2g and NoStress like this.
  4. as400guy1

as400guy1

The wounded was a convicted felon with a firearm.

nrajeff and mike from st pe like this.
  5. 1cm

1cm

Both wrong.

Rule of Law is he gets a fair trail.

mjmac and rogn like this.
  6. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

Just because two (2) are dead and one (1) is wounded doesn't mean that the person committing homicide has committed a crime and goes to prison. There is justifiable homicide/self defense. From all of the evidence that I have seen, KR acted in SD in all three (3) instances. In each instance (shooting of JR/AH/GG), KR meets all five (5) elements - Proportionality, Reasonableness (Aggressor's Ability/Opportunity/Manifest Intent)/Avoidance, Innocence, Imminence - of self defense.

The (highly debatable) question of the legality (being <18 years old) of KR having a firearm is not an issue for his claim of SD. WI law seems to allow possession of long guns by 16-17 year olds without adult supervision. Even if he is guilty of the (misdemeanor) offense of underage possession of a firearm, this does not preclude a valid (legal) defense of SD.

Rosenbaum was trying to push a dumpster fire onto private property, with the manifest intent of (further) committing arson to private property (as had been done prior to the night of the Rittenhouse shootings). Rittenhouse apparently extinguished the fire, much to the angst of Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum tried to corner Rittenhouse as he fled. As Rittenhouse fled, a shot was fired from behind him. Rosenbaum cornered him (KR) on private property (which KR had permission to be on, but Rosenbaum did not) and Rosenbaum (a ATF prohibited person) tried to take KR's firearm. Rittenhouse fired in SD, and it is still not confirmed that KR fired the shot (to the pelvic area of JR) which caused JR's death. Even if the fatal shot was fired by KR, it appears that it meets all of the elements of SD.

Later, KR was (aggregated) assaulted by two (2) people - one with a bludgeoning instrument (AH - skateboard) and the other with a firearm (GG).

We will see how the "system" handles this. If it "plays out" anything like the BT/Kentucky case (by the actual rule of law, rather than politics), a lot of leftist/statist/anarchist are going to be unhappy. The only saving grace is that in the KR case, all of the offenders (JR, AH & GG) are white - and white lives do not matter that much.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    n2g, mjmac, badge315 and 5 others like this.
  7. PEC-Memphis

Are you sure about that?

Felony arrest, but I could not find a felony conviction. Probably plea bargained down to misdemeanor.

The other two had felony convictions.

8. PEC-Memphis

Witnesses have stated the angry bald guy (JR - a prohibited person) was trying to grab the gun from KR.

And yes (regardless of what you think), a loud noise like gunshot (or in the very unlikely event of a backfire from a vehicle) could justify KR's reasonable belief that he was in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm, particularly when being chased (by an aggressor, JR) onto private property, cornered, and (JR) attempted taking of his (KR's) firearm.

nrajeff, NoStress and larry_minn like this.
  9. PEC-Memphis

My father-in-law was a gunners mate on the USS Oklahoma on 7 December 1941 - he was 17 years old at the time.

My father joined at 17, but was not inducted until 18. He was on the USS Hulbert, which is believed to be the source of the first defensive fire on the same day.

mjmac, BigBull 301 and mj9mm like this.
  10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

That’s how it’s supposed to work. But there has bern little legal, fair, right in last few months..
    In normal times. A young man is attacked by a armed mob. He doesn’t resort to deadly force until the mob fires a shot. Then while calling for help (yes not to 911) the mob comes at him again. He still refuses to use deadly force when he thinks he can run. That fails, he shoots a attacker, does NOT shoot a armed attacker who faked giving up. Then shot him only when he again attacked. STILL did not fire wildly, finish off attacker. (Who was still holding a loaded gun). We know now he couldn’t fire with that hand. Kyle didn’t know that.
    He then set safety, let gun drop and tried to surrender to the Police. Failing that he ran home to parents. Zero threat to community. (Except those trying to kill him). If I was judge.
    Released on condition he have at least one armed person with him, guarding the house. The only danger to community is other cowards trying to kill him.

11. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

file suit against the da

12. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

He didnt bring a gun to a protest. It was night 3 of a full blown riot. Rittenhouse's group was guarding private property. The rioters were wheeling a burning dumpster towards gas pumps in an apparent attempt to torch the gas station. We all know how bad that could have got.

A member of kyles group extinguishes the fire and the rioters chase kyles group. Kyle makes the sound decison....to egress and runs towards police line. He gets cornered, tells the guy to back down, and fires only when he grabs the muzzle.

While running, he is assaulted several times. Thge guy who kicks him, kyle aims at and holds fire when he runs. Skateboard guy, got his hand on the muzzle again and mr no bicep was holding a glock 26. Kyle held fire on the visibly armed man until he advance.

Tried to escape situation, only engaged active threats to his life, held fire on people who backed down.

What we need is cops to go into these neighborhoods, and do their jobs. Armed people are only showing up to guard buildings because antifa is given free reighn and law enforcement stands by. If LE cant get job done, bring in the national guard.

13. as400guy1

as400guy1

Like most dems/antifa/never-trumpers, most likely a pedo too.

14. bdcochran

bdcochran

I never have heard the expression "rule of law". After I looked it up, I am confused by the use of the term in thread:

Rule of law is a principle under which all persons, institutions, and entities are accountable to laws that are:

• Publicly promulgated
    • Equally enforced
    • Independently adjudicated
    • And consistent with international human rights principles.

nrajeff likes this.
  15. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

What he did was 100% is self-defense.

Methinks you're not very knowledgeable on the law.

badge315 likes this.
  16. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

I think "skid-mark" is trolling you guys. He could be one of those persons paid to increase post counts. Notice how our resident defacto communist actually liked the post.

nrajeff, Con43, ede and 1 other person like this.
  17. Taz

Taz

I hope for your sake if you’re ever in a position to have to defend yourself the jury deciding your fate remembers the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

bdcochran likes this.
  18. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

It wasn't his rifle. The business owner provide firearms to those helping protect his business. Kyle works in the area and lives like 30 minutes from where all this happened. It wasn't like he sought it all out, he was there trying to help the community clean up.

They tried to kill him, he defended himself. I'd let him walk, by dropping the charges or pardon.

n2g and nrajeff like this.
  19. as400guy1

as400guy1

Or, he could just be one of our resident unpaid dem/leftist/never-trumper trolls, of which we have many.

Kawabuggy and nrajeff like this.
  20. fg17

fg17

Like I said before
    I have no problem with someone defending themselves, I've been fighting most of my life. As far as trying to kill him, sure that could have happened, but more than likely they were trying to beat the **** out of him.

But..
    Do you think it was worth it, would the legal trouble and notoriety be worth it to you?
    Would you let your 17 year old go to a riot zone?

bdcochran likes this.