close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

another "gun movie" flaw topic....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mixflip, Mar 9, 2012.

1. mixflip

mixflip

Ok so I was watching The Bourne Identity the other day (the first one) and I noticed something I didnt notice before.

In the scene where the assasin crashes through the paris loft window spraying the place with a full auto machine gun, I noticed that when the gun ran dry the gun made a "click,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k,k" sound as if the gun was still trying to fire??? Like it was battery powered or something?

I'm sure the sound editor had no clue machine guns dont sound like airsoft toys when they run out of ammo.

Just a little pointless unimportant rant. Sorry.:tongueout:

2. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Same thing in the game Gears of War.

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

It's a modified GE Minigun. LOL

Never noticed it. May have to watch it again. Best of the lot for that series.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

In the first episode of The Walking Dead, one of the deputies was told to make sure his gun was loaded and the safety was off. He checked the chamber then "flicked" the slide lock lever as if it was a safety.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  5. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I noticed the exact same thing, and it drives me nuts every time I see or think about it. It does it on a Glock no less!

6. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

In a lot of movies and TV shows pistols make a noise like they are being cocked when someone draws it from holster.

This applies to guns that are already cocked and revolvers or exposed hammer pistols that are clearly not cocked.

7. WarCry

WarCry

I have learned that movie makers know more about these things than you think. I've seen a friend - working on a movie I JUST got to see the first cut of last night - wrangle with gun issues like this.

The thing is, not everyone in a movie audience is a GT member. While you and I might know better, "general" audiences just see a guy standing there with a gun and "for some reason" he's not shooting.

Racking the slide, pumping the shotgun, the hammer-cocking - that's all done for the sake of the non-gun audience so they know "something's gonna happen!"

I'm certain there are SOME out there that just don't know any better, but you would be truly surprised, I think, at just how much thought goes into all this stuff.

Doesn't make it better to see in the movie, mind you, but it does make it understandable.

8. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Understand that most of the hollyidiots have never handled a real gun and a large portion of the American population doesn't know better or care.

9. mixflip

mixflip

I also notice that "ALL" guns when drawn in a movie make a noise as its aimed. I mean the mere raising of a gun to eye level makes the gun go "clickity clack".

Im not complaining. Im just noticing it. Its kinda funny actually.

Some other movie (I forget already) had a guy interrogating a bad guy with a 1911 pointed at his head for a good 2 minute dialogue.

Then when things got serious he cocked the hammer to send his point home!!! I guess he didnt know the gun was harmless the whole 2 minutes he was pointing it at the guys head??? lol.

Oh yeah and the B movie called "the veteran" (DO NOT RENT btw) had a British veteran in a shootout with street gangs in England after he got back from A-stan... his M4 had no sights or optics on the picatinny rail??? It was 100% flat top lol. Where was the tactical adviser that day? I mean the movie was called the veteran for peets sake!!!

Its funny.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  10. Osborne

Osborne

^ That made me chuckle.

Stuff like this in movies always bugs me, oh well...

11. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Same thing in "I Am Legend" when Will Smith was shooting his M4 at the Zombie in the house. I was like wow really.

12. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

read this thread, you can put a safety on a glock and the tasmanian gov ordered them .

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1406653&highlight=glock+safety

13. treeline

treeline

That's how they roll in England. Sights are for sissies and foreigners. :supergrin:

I don't mind flaws like racking shotguns if it works as a general sound effect - gun being cocked, gun out of ammo etc. What I hate is things like someone racking a double barrel shotgun. It's not a small detail and I swear I've seen some slide their hand up and down as if they were using an invisible pump.

Worst thing ever was a sniper rifle that was obviously a cheap chinese airgun. It was a low budget movie but there has to be a limit.

14. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

I'm working on a contract for a Glock that will make that "click-clack" slide release sound everytime it's pointed at the target.

So far only Will of "Sons of Guns" sees the true value of it. He says it's going to be a "Gay-um Chan-juh" and will crack the semi-auto handgun market wide open. ;)

15. ray9898

ray9898

Its entertainment....not a documentary. People also turn into robots, become zombies, and do things physically impossible.

Don't tell me you though The Matrix was real?

16. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Sometimes I think they do it just so they can see if folks notice. The revolvers that shoot 20x before reload. They take pistol in assult and leave rifle behind... Make 200 yr shot with snub .38 one rd when others with rifles can't make shot (and often are closer)

17. WarCry

WarCry

Of COURSE the Matrix isn't real!!!

....if you took the blue pill.

18. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

My Droid has an app for that. :whistling:

19. mixflip

mixflip

How do I know Im not plugged into the Matrix right now? After all my reality is simply a complex collection of electrical impulses to my brain....

20. WarCry

WarCry

[​IMG]