close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another good reason not to live in California

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by NRA_guy, Aug 24, 2004.

1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Another good reason not to live in California:

The State of California has passed legislation instituting a mandatory State Environmental Fee be collected for certain electronic products shipped directly to California, beginning November 1, 2004. This law, referred to as SB20, requires manufacturers such as Dell Inc. to collect a fee for these electronic devices sold into the State of California excluding sales to Federal Government entities and resellers.

Under current SB20 law and regulations, the following Dell branded & third party products will be subject to a State Environmental Fee:

All notebook computers

All CRT monitors (excluding touch screen)

All LCD monitors (excluding touch screen)

TV's with a screen size greater than 4 inches that contain Cathode Ray Tubes

In compliance with California law SB20, Dell Inc. plans to add a State Environmental Fee to your invoice based upon products selected and a ship to location of California. The fee will be applied for each eligible unit within the order for orders placed November 1, 2004 on (i.e. if there are two 15" monitors shipping to California, the total State Environmental Fees applied will be $16.00).

Fees are as follows:

$6 per device with a screen size greater than 4" but less than 15"

$8 per device with a screen size 15" but less than 35"

$10 per device with a screen size 35" or greater

Wonder why they decided to ban guns outright rather than taxing them out of existance? Taxing would have earned them more revenue to waste on social programs and sex change operations.

NRA_guy

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

i wonder if they define "touch screen".

3. gudel

gudel

unless you live here, you haven't found a reason why not to live here or why you should live here.

that's the thing with people on the net, they talk smack with things that they do not own/understand/experience.

kind of like saying glock is unsafe, but poster has never shot or owned a single glock. ;Q if i got a dollar for every time i saw that, i'd be richer than donald trump.

if CA is so bad, why is it that there are a lot of people here, more than say gun friendly state AZ? gee i wonder why.

4. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

Sounds like a sneaky tax to me.

5. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

I did not intend to disparage those who choose to live in California. But at least I've visited California a number of times. And I agree that it has lots of redeeming qualities. But while 35 million Americans choose to live there, 255 million don't. I know that more are moving into California than are moving out; so they must be keeping their residents happy.

As you know, gun ownership is not a deciding factor to most Americans on where they live.

I can relate to your comments: lots of people can't imagine why anyone would choose to live in the Deep South (as I do).

Different strokes for different folks.

PS: Just because folks live somewhere doesn't mean they like it. 5,232,624 people live in Sierra Leone, and I dare say that most, given a choice, would prefer to live somewhere else.

NRA_guy

6. David_G17

found one.
    http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/

7. lomfs24

lomfs24

Thanks David. Here is just the first quote I came to. I didn't even search the site to find this one.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/travel.htm

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not within any of the classes excepted from firearm possession and who resides or is temporarily in California from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person if the firearm is unloaded and in a locked container.

Does this mean that I can carry a gun safe with an unloaded pistol in it under my coat if I am in a car? Maybe. Oh wait there is more.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

Could be a gun safe but they would prefer that I concealed the trunk of my car under my coat while I was in it if I am traveling through California.

Sorry. I didn't mean to belittle the great and lovely state to the South of me.

OK, gudel, I will bite. I won't talk smack anymore about California since I no longer live there. You said people talk smack about things they don't know about. What about this law that started this thread about? Why should we accept it? What are the benifits to the people of Cali?

8. El Capitan

El Capitan Kalibanned

Ya, from that "state" south of California. They 'move' here by the thousands every day. ^2

9. David_G17

10. lomfs24

lomfs24

This is not as bad as it may seem at first glance. You see Californians are moving out of their state by the droves and they are moving into my state. If Mexicans are moving into California,....then in a couple of years we can just redraw the Mexican border lines and be free of that state.

11. metallic

metallic

Then they just start moving into Nevada.

12. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Gude. ;)

13. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

The experts keep promising a giant earthquake that will devour much of the left coast.

If it comes I hope Diane Feinstein is home.

Is Holliwood in the danger zone?

NRA_guy

14. lomfs24

lomfs24

It's always good to keep your hopes up.

15. El Capitan

El Capitan Kalibanned

In a rare defense of CA, I do have to point out the 2000 presidential vote by county.
    [​IMG]

Pretty much, if you get rid of LA county and San Francisco county, this is a right leaning conservative state.

Somewhat the same way that Chicago and other big cities screw the rest of their conservative states. ;g