Another good pawn shop find

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by BobRicks, May 30, 2020.

1. BobRicks

BobRicks

A couple of months ago I found a great condition Springfield XDm compact in .40S&W that I was able to purchase for $200 out the door. This morning while at the range, a friend told me they had a couple of Caniks at the pawn shop and I had been kicking around the idea of buying one after shooting another friends full size. One of the ones they had this morning was a TP9SF Elite in the One series, which means it only came with one mag and one extra backstrap. After our range session, we went to the pawn shop to check them out. I was able to get the TP9SF Elite for $259.99 out the door. I know you can find them for around $300 new, but this one was in great shape and doesn't look like it has been shot very much, so it came home with me. Now I just need to get back out to the range and see how it shoots!

IMG_0866.jpg

EDIT TO ADD RANGE REPORT: Took it out to the range Sunday morning and it would not get through a mag without stove piping at least 5 out of 15 rounds! These were my bunny fart reloads though, and I knew it had a strong return spring. Shooting Federal 115 gr. it ran flawlessly!! Guess I need to up the charge a bit in my reloading and get back and see if that makes a difference. If not, will just shoot factory stuff through it. Overall very pleased with purchase.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  2. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

I've been tempted to pick one of those up in the past. They feel good in the hand and the trigger is quite good, both pull and reset. Range report please.

3. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Do you know Slugo?:cheers:
    https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/century-arms-canik-tp9sf.1831784/

4. BobRicks

BobRicks

5. Bish1309

Bish1309

I have one I purchased due to the great reviews and crazy price. (Different model) I hope you enjoy yours and look forward to any reviews you decide to write.

Sure is a nice looking firearm!

6. DrewBone

DrewBone

I've found many many great deals at pawn shops in my area!

Regarding your latest acquisition, I've been reluctant to try any of the Canik (which BTW is pronounced "Janic" when spoken in Turkish) offerings as I'm already up to my ears in 9mm handguns. They do seem to have a pretty good reputation and who could argue with their prices!

Best wishes with it!

7. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Like the look of it, congrats

8. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool

Congrats! :cool:

9. wapiti22

wapiti22

I envy the fact that you can still walk into a gun store, buy a handgun, and walk out with it.
    Here in Washington, I used to be able to do that with my CCP but not anymore. Now a 2 - 3 week wait for background check on all handguns and semi-auto rifles.My last purchase took 23 days to clear. All because voters did not turn out to vote and vote down this bill.

nrajeff likes this.
  10. BobRicks

BobRicks

That sucks big time. All I had to do was show my DL and LTC, fill out the form 4473, pay for it, and walk out with it. I love living in a free state like Texas!

Bluescot and nrajeff like this.
  11. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

The last gun I bought, all I had to do was show my CCP.
    :dancingbanana:
    Nice score (again) BTW...

12. steve1911

steve1911

Congrats on great score.

1911club#410

13. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Thank you Seattle/King County for {Bleeping} over the rest of the State.

The party line has always been: So what if you have to wait. . . No one needs a gun badly that they can't wait. The guy at Sportsman's Warehouse said that a huge % of the gun sales these past months have been to new, first time gun owners.

Bet lots of then voted for the new restrictions. BG checks are taking over 4 weeks if you live in Clark County.

14. plp

plp

Same situation here, see them on Classic new and cheap all the time. I'm tempted by the 20 round with the 5.2" barrel that comes set up for a red dot, under 500 and as close to a race gun as I would ever own.

I'm still lusting for my longslide Glock .45. I have too many other things where the money needs to be (like my retirement?) than something else in the safe.