Another Glock18C video

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tktm, Feb 22, 2005.

1. tktm

tktm

Here is another 18C video, Different angle, my wife shooting. She is about 6 feet from the target, the target is somewhat down hill. She has shot this pistol once before, about 6 months prior. She does not own any glocks and has shot even fewer glocks that I have and I have not shot very many. In anycase, its a good indication of the handling characteristics.

wife shooting 18C

2. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

3. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

I like how her finger pops out of the trigger guard when she is done shooting even though the gun is obviously empty. Good safety technique. Always treat the gun like it is loaded and keep your finger out of the trigger guard if you are not shooting. Basic safety techniques that can never be taken for granted.

4. tktm

tktm

Sunsetman, good catch, I wondered how many people would notice that. I think that people who don't notice it are the same ones who don't practice it.

USZIFORME, I will have to disagree on the grip. At 100lbs with small hands on an unfamiliar handgun (much less a machine pistol), she has to do what works best for her. Its also those same things which make it an interesting video to ascertain the controllability of the 18C

5. Creeper1313

Creeper1313 Aequitas

Wouldn't the people who do practice it be the least likely to notice because keeping the finger off the trigger is as natural to them as scratching their bum? ;a

In all seriousness, cool wife, and cool G18C!

6. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

I noticed because that seems to be the hardest thing to teach someone new. It may be too many years of TV, but people seem to like to keep their finger in the guard. It is a hard habit to get them to break. I haven't trained a lot of people though. Perhaps a professional trainer can comment on this.

I had a 8 3/8", model 57 S&W, .41 magnum. When I was a teenager about two decades ago, a friend and I were out plinking. I had the gun at my side, muzzle down, cocked, and was yacking with my friend. (Any idea where this is going?) I relaxed my grip enough that I touched off a round and made a nice crator next to my foot. Scared the $hit out of me! A four pound gun with a three pound trigger pull can be a bad thing.

It was that instance that drove home the importance of keeping your finger out of the guard and helped lead me to prefer double action only type guns for defense. A light single action pull is just too easy to fire accidentally in my opinion.

7. tktm

tktm

I think the people who have learned to "naturally" keep their finger off the trigger are few and far between, it eventually does come, but I think to most people it is an after thought.