Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as winter sets in and I get more active on forums and blogs I got the itch for a G34. Why, not sure. Maybe too many videos on plate shooting or such. I currently have 43,19,26,42 do I really need/want a 34. Not really but.....

Anyway I browsed a shop today and no used 34 but a used 17 with original box and two mags for $399. Looked like new, did not handle it because I was afraid I would have left with it.

So the 34 was made for competition but not the 17? What is so different with the 34? Balance?

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
only a longer slide, and it comes with a extended slide stop and G21 mag release, that's all. If you have never shot a competition match before in your life, it won't really matter what you start with. It's all about the fundamentals: stance, grip, sight picture and trigger control.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
Unless for carry get the 34. It's 'cooler'. Seriously, The 34 is much better for WML also.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
The standard red-label G34, compared with G17, comes with:
-> MINUS connector (peak pull equals 4.5-lbf
-> Extended magazine catch
-> Extended slide stop lever

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
How about a used Gen 3 G35 for $349? That's what I paid for this one at a local shop, with factory box and two mags:

I liked it in .40S&W so much that I bought an AlphaWolf .357SIG conversion barrel for it - and it shoots suhweeeeeeeeeet:

She's got a tad more oooooomph than the 9mm and is accurate as all get out.

Just throwing that out there for you to ponder, because there are plenty of good deals out there to find, but you've got to have patience ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
If you shoot GSSF the 17 will allow you to shoot more divisions. I also use mine for IDPA and USPSA and shoot it just as well (most times better) as the 34 I sold. I'm not alone in this as others at my gun club did side-by-side comparisons and found it was basically a flip of the coin difference between the two.

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
The standard red-label G34, compared with G17, comes with:
-> MINUS connector (peak pull equals 4.5-lbf
-> Extended magazine catch
-> Extended slide stop lever
I don't have a G34 yet. But once I get a G34 could I just switch the uppers and lowers and have the G34 lower with all the goodies and the G17 upper. So I can basically run a G17 with a 4.5# instead of the 5.5#. Just wondering so thanks in advance for replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts