Another Glock 43 "initial impression"....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Papa Ed, Sep 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Papa Ed

Papa Ed

Finally got to the range today with my new 43; in the week I have owned it I polished the internals, added a Ghost connector, a extended slide lock lever, and extended magazine release, as well as obtaining two more magazines and adding Truglo night sights.

The first four magazines shot slightly to the left, but a quick break with my MGW sight tool corrected that and the rest of the morning ran smooth other than several failures of the trigger to reset properly. Has anyone else experienced this with the 43, it seems to be associated with releasing pressure on the trigger before the trigger has reached the end of the "over travel" following the trigger break. I have seen no other reports of this behavior on the forums and am wondering if it my specific weapon.

Other than that I am really pleased with the weapon; I may replace my 26 with this 43 for EDC if I can find the "perfect" holster. Any suggestions?

alukban likes this.
  2. HGxyz

HGxyz

I strongly suspect the connector is the source of your reset problem. Either not installed correctly, it got bent to the wrong angle, or made wrong.

Try reassembling it again (make sure the connector is pushed all the way into the trigger mechanism housing). If that doesn't work, try the stock connector. If you can reproduce the problem dry firing, it will be easier to trace down.

My G43 is over 2000 rounds now with no malfunctions. I'm using the stock connector.

Bruce M likes this.

3. HGxyz

HGxyz

Oh, and for perfect holster:

G43Remora.jpg

myglockisa23 likes this.
  4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

These factors often appear together in threads.

Bruce M, chemboy and HGxyz like this.
  5. AZnine

AZnine

I had similar problems with reset in my Glock 43 with the Ghost connector. Put stock connector back in and everything works great again.

6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Ugh, can't people stop messing with Glock triggers? Learn to shoot and stop worrying about getting a 1911 trigger in a Glock and you won't have to worry about diminishing the reliability of the firearm.

pspez and chemboy like this.
  7. Papa Ed

Papa Ed

I have the same issue with either the stock or the Edge connector. It occurs during dry fire as well as live fire.

8. Papa Ed

Papa Ed

Thanks, but I has one and did not care for it. I have an issue with my shoulder that is causing issues with drawing from a standard holster in the 3-4 o'clock position; I'm thinking about using a SOB holster in the 11 o'clock position and cross-drawing...

9. HGxyz

HGxyz

I use mine at the appendix.

10. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G43.

Thanks for the report.

11. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

I had a similar issue with a G42. The problem began after I removed the trigger housing and reinstalled it. It appears that the problem was related to not having the cruciform properly installed in the hook of the trigger spring mechanism. After setting it properly, the problem went away. the G43 has a similar trigger mechanism. Just my experience.

alukban, Buckshot Barry and HGxyz like this.
  12. druryj

druryj

Agree on ditching the ghost connector...put the OEM one back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. maestrogustav

maestrogustav

I had my ghost connector professionally installed; 150 live rounds and many dryfires later, I've had no issues. The difference is tremendous over the stock trigger.

14. Papa Ed

Papa Ed

That was the solution to the issue! My bad! I missed the hook when reassembling following a detailed stripping.

alukban likes this.
  15. stevedal12

stevedal12

Same with mine, love it at exactly 5 lbs, no issues at all.

16. Bradley T

Bradley T

Yeah, anytime I'd install aftermarket internals and it fails fo operate correctly, I would think it has something to do with what the aftermarket part and my amateurish installation did to cause it (and I have sure installed things wrong more'n once).

Amazing the junk people bring into the garage with weird wires for alarms and stereos, and junk like lift kits and gawdy aftermarket wheels/tires and they can't figure out why it wont start, chases chickens or just drives like crap. Not saying you did anything wrong or that modifying a gun is wrong, just amazing how humans like to tinker with things like they're a genius, then can't see why it don't work correctly immediately after.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  17. Bradley T

Bradley T

....And I do plan to install one of those Ghosts in mine too.

G43's are excellent. I have had experience with the Nano and the LC9S and those just aren't as effective as the little Glock. I love mine.

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Good to read that you found the problem and it was minor.

19. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

Just for clarification, in my case, I had the cruciform in the hook, I just didn't have it seated all the way in the hook. Glad you fixed your problem.

20. Bello

Bello America/Italia

All you guys trick glocks out and I think the triggers are fine