Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys already did a thread search and didn't find what I was looking for. If you get the pierce +2 extensions for the 10rnd mag, do you need to get another spring too?

·
Registered
433 Posts
No you do\ not need a different spring. The plus 2 extension doesn't even come with another spring. I have had the plus 2 extensions on both my mags for about a year now and they work great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your good.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'll bite. So you don't need to worry about spring over compression? Or did glock design the magazine springs in the G26 to accomodate 12 anyway?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nope! No need to worry at all. They make a plus 1 extension also but my hand fits better with the plus 2. I want to buy 2 more for my other 2 mags but my local gun shops have been out for a while now. I will get some at the gun show next weekend though.

·
Springy Member
1,010 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. So you don't need to worry about spring over compression? Or did glock design the magazine springs in the G26 to accomodate 12 anyway?
You don't need to worry about a thing. If you think about it, the spring probably compressed to about the same point when the mag is fully loaded, whether you have the +2 installed or not. The important thing is that the mag "uncompresses". ;)

The mag spring for the 10 round G26 mag is the same spring as used in the 15 round G19 mag. (If this has changed recently, someone correct me - I've not bought new mags for a while. The last mag spring change I recall was an extra coil added for the G22 mags.)

BF

BF

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
BF is right, 9 coil springs are in the 26's mag already, same spring that go's into a G-19 (15) rd mag (and others) so no worries mate.

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
The G26 and G27 mag spring is a 9 coil spring that is tha same used on G19 and G23 mags so you don´t need to change it.

Just my curiosity, Why do you prefer the +2 Pearce extension over the Glock 7151 +?

Thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you're gonna use a +2 Extensions, why not just carry a G19? Don't get me wrong, I do not have a G19 and I DO have a G26 so I'm not disparaging the 26.

I have a +1 on my 26 and it conceals well. Never tried a +2 but I think my G23 would be about the same size as the 26 wit a +2.

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
If you're gonna use a +2 Extensions, why not just carry a G19? Don't get me wrong, I do not have a G19 and I DO have a G26 so I'm not disparaging the 26.

I have a +1 on my 26 and it conceals well. Never tried a +2 but I think my G23 would be about the same size as the 26 wit a +2.
No it won´t be, and the other BIG difference will be the barrel lenght!

·
Registered
86 Posts
No it won´t be, and the other BIG difference will be the barrel lenght!
Never have an issue with that half inch of length in concealment. The issue (for me) is always the height and width. In those areas the 26 and the 19/23 are about equal assuming a +2 on the 26.

Whatever works for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts