Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was calling around to the various blue label dealers this morning to see what, if anything they have in stock. Talking with one of them the topic of the 19X came up and the dealer stated he can't even order them because they've been discontinued.

I know this has gone around before, this is the first time I've heard it personally from a BL dealer. Anyone know if there is any more validity to it now than in the past?
The 19x is not discontinued. They’re still making them, but they’re limited production right now as they’re still trying to catch up from the coronavirus shipping issues this past year. Glock was unstable to buy the polymer bb’s that get melted down to make their frames. Now that they have them again, they’re mainly focusing on black frames, but do occasionally run the tan. I don’t believe they have made any gray frames since last summer. I could be wrong about that. But I know for a fact the 19x is not discontinued and there is no plans to discontinue it. It’s one of the best selling firearms Glock has ever made.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was calling around to the various blue label dealers this morning to see what, if anything they have in stock. Talking with one of them the topic of the 19X came up and the dealer stated he can't even order them because they've been discontinued.

I know this has gone around before, this is the first time I've heard it personally from a BL dealer. Anyone know if there is any more validity to it now than in the past?
Check classic arms in lexington ky. I was in there the other day, and they had a large selection of blue label glocks

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
The crap tan was the deal breaker. Got the grey/black 45 instead.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
The earth tone is the only retail selling point to this gun, it's all that really draws attention to it unless you count the factory standard night sights out of the box, and not like those cant be installed yourself on any other Glock. The 19X isn't the same gun that was submitted to the army trials, it's just a downgraded version sold to civilians, so it's not like you're getting a special Glock, you're just getting an FDE with night sights. I don't know of any LE that even allows the 19X.

The G45 is a much better all around option and for less. It's basically the same gun plus or minus a few things but with no annoying lip. No magazine handicap (no gen 5s). No silly lanyard loop.

·
Private side
11,816 Posts
I paid 440 for this one because a shade tree gunsmith did a hack job to cut it for an optic. I added a ZEV slide cut for my Holosun. Out SOP is being rewritten to allow dots so this will probably replace my 35.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I paid $588. for a 19X at the LGS about a month ago.
Went straight in the safe like a couple 17.5s $539. & $540. and a 26.5 $540.
Have not shot the 19-M rebuild $439 (?).... either but I will.
BUY NOW or be sorry later.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The earth tone is the only retail selling point to this gun, it's all that really draws attention to it unless you count the factory standard night sights out of the box, and not like those cant be installed yourself on any other Glock. The 19X isn't the same gun that was submitted to the army trials, it's just a downgraded version sold to civilians, so it's not like you're getting a special Glock, you're just getting an FDE with night sights. I don't know of any LE that even allows the 19X.

The G45 is a much better all around option and for less. It's basically the same gun plus or minus a few things but with no annoying lip. No magazine handicap (no gen 5s). No silly lanyard loop.
What are the downgrades/differences on the civilian 19x vs the military submission?

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I don't know of any LE that even allows the 19X.
It depends on whether we're talking about authorized/issued or off-duty. Normally, a LEA only authorizes black duty pistols. I'm sure that there are exceptions out there. There are also agencies that allow self-purchased that may allow a 19X for an on-duty pistol. Off-duty you'd probably be hard pressed to find an agency that authorizes Glock in general but excludes the 19X model. I know my former agency allowed the 19X for off-duty as well as any Glock chambered in 380acp, 9mm or 45acp.

The earth tone is the only retail selling point to this gun, it's all that really draws attention to it unless you count the factory standard night sights out of the box
I would also count the 19-round mags as a plus. This is the reason I bought my first 19X. Makes an outstanding nightstand pistol with 20-round capacity. :)

I paid $588. for a 19X at the LGS about a month ago.
Very good price in the current climate.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The 19x is not discontinued. They’re still making them, but they’re limited production right now as they’re still trying to catch up from the coronavirus shipping issues this past year. Glock was unstable to buy the polymer bb’s that get melted down to make their frames. Now that they have them again, they’re mainly focusing on black frames, but do occasionally run the tan. I don’t believe they have made any gray frames since last summer. I could be wrong about that. But I know for a fact the 19x is not discontinued and there is no plans to discontinue it. It’s one of the best selling firearms Glock has ever made.
If you take a look at post #8, I made a call to Glock last year about this latest rumor. :)

I decided to go to the source and called Glock up in Georgia. Took about 30 minutes to get through so they are quite busy. So according to them, they are still being produced on the L.E. side for special orders. On the retail side, they are currently not being produced. This does not mean the 19X is completely discontinued on the retail side, but right now according to Glock, 'what is on the market currently is what is available'. No new production, at this time, for the retail market. It would seem that production is limited on the L.E. blue label side as every BL dealer in my area said they could not order the 19X at this time and they were getting whatever was sent to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, new here to the forums. I wanted to weigh-in on availability. Obviously I know it changes based on region and time, however, I picked up a US-made G19X with the Streetlight TLR-7A for $699 at my LGS. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Didn't come with night sights but who cares when you have a light. Added some Ameriglo steel sights for durability and now I have a well-made, attractive, extremely capable, and reliable nightstand/ truck gun.

Cheers

·
Mr. Awesome
12,097 Posts
I don't know of any LE that even allows the 19X.
There are a bunch. I know of several that would let their LE carry it. They also happen to be the places where you buy all your own gear. Issued a badge and a patrol vehicle, that’s it.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts