Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was calling around to the various blue label dealers this morning to see what, if anything they have in stock. Talking with one of them the topic of the 19X came up and the dealer stated he can't even order them because they've been discontinued.

I know this has gone around before, this is the first time I've heard it personally from a BL dealer. Anyone know if there is any more validity to it now than in the past?

·
20,059 Posts
Who cares? I've shot one and they're sweet shooters but I much prefer the G45 which is basically the same gun but in the normal Black color and it doesn't have that strange little lip on the front of the grip that makes it so you can only use certain magazines unless you change base plates. Anyway, if they're discontinued they'll become instant collector's items.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Cool if they aren’t as I thought they had been discontinued for awhile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I heard they were discontinued the Austrian rollmark but the USA made one is still available. My dealer still couldn’t order an USA one because they were back ordered.

19x is my favorite because of the lip on the grip. For having big mitts, gives me more grip and doesn’t feel tight like a regular Glock grip, such as a model 45.

I have more gen3 and 4 mags than gen 5 mags, so the mag situation doesn’t bother me. You could just swap the mag’s floor plates

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I saw a guy shooting a 19x back before C19 at a outdoor range. He was far enough away it basically looked like an extension of his arm. I remember thinking at the time I wonder if an untrained eye would have thought it was something other than what it was. The 19x a white guys color coordinated accessory? Lol he was a good shot too!

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked on Glock's website and they are still listing it.
I decided to go to the source and called Glock up in Georgia. Took about 30 minutes to get through so they are quite busy. So according to them, they are still being produced on the L.E. side for special orders. On the retail side, they are currently not being produced. This does not mean the 19X is completely discontinued on the retail side, but right now according to Glock, 'what is on the market currently is what is available'. No new production, at this time, for the retail market. It would seem that production is limited on the L.E. blue label side as every BL dealer in my area said they could not order the 19X at this time and they were getting whatever was sent to them.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The last time this rumor was going around, I looked on brownells website and under the G19x it said discontinued from the factory. Very weird that this is going around again. I’m guessing Glock is just way behind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FWIW the 19x was consistently in stock at sportsmans.com for about the last month. A friend and I both ordered one in that time frame. Both Austrian marks. Obviously not blue label, but mine was $588. When he ordered his 3 weeks later, the price had risen to $669. Wish I would have ordered a second one before the increase.

They are only shipping to their stores right now, so I feel lucky to have one near me. When everyone else had marked glocks up like crazy, they stayed at pre panic buying prices (that is, until very recently).

·
M62/76
12,868 Posts
It’s a rumor that comes around every few months...

Reactions: Gordo-L

·
Registered
132 Posts
My LGS received a Blue Label order today. There were a couple 19X's in the box.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe they are just temporarily stopping production to increase production of the black guns.
That's my understanding from what Glock told me when I called. That it's not 'discontinued' but they aren't producing them at this time for retail. So any that are being produced are going to the L.E. side of the house. Although every BL dealer in my area told me Monday they can't even order right now and are basically getting whatever is sent to them from back orders.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good deal.

It would be interesting to know how many 19X pistols have been produced since they were introduced. Hope you got a decent price.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Good deal.

It would be interesting to know how many 19X pistols have been produced since they were introduced. Hope you got a decent price.
A "decent price" in 2020 is all relative and subjective. I paid $749. Not inexpensive by any means, but holding out and dickering over a hundred bucks or so, and then having a hard time finding one because they sell out isn't something I want to deal with either.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A "decent price" in 2020 is all relative and subjective. I paid $749. Not inexpensive by any means, but holding out and dickering over a hundred bucks or so, and then having a hard time finding one because they sell out isn't something I want to deal with either.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Considering events of this year, that really isn't a terrible price. Blue label on a 19X is around $550ish. So what's better, the $550 pistol you can't find or the $750 in the case in front of you when you want it? I think you did fine.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts