close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Gen 4 Thread

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scoobtay, Jul 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. scoobtay

scoobtay

I know you all are probably so tired of hearing the gripes about your gen 4 ejection issues, but mine MIGHT take the cake today. My first 500 rounds were okay, i got hit in the face OCCASIONALLY but nothing that deterred me from liking my new pistol. Today, i went out with a box of WWB and Federal 180gr. Every time, the brass would eject completely backwards, (it does have the new extractor) never to the right. After a few magazines, all the brass was going about 4 inches above my head...and going lower and lower. After about 5 magazines, the brass would hit my STRAIGHT in the forehead or right eye almost every time (taking gouges out of my oakleys).:steamed: It started happening about every 4 rounds. I wasn't limp wristing, I have the guy in the lane next to me shoot it, same thing... and I even used some of his ammo as well just to see if it was weak ammo. So frustrated - I want to take the gun back to the place i bought it and trade it in for a 1911. Just venting, any ideas for what i could do? :yawn:

2. JBnTX

JBnTX 2 Timothy 2:15

I'd call Glock and see what they think about it.

Maybe they can adjust the ejector or extractor?

3. Cool Hand Hodge

Cool Hand Hodge Senior Member

gunbroker and then buy a third gen?

4. scoobtay

scoobtay

This was my first thought, but since i figured It was the new extractor, I wasn't sure they could adjust it. I will try to call tomorrow. :wavey:

5. Glock_en_speil

Glock_en_speil

scoobtay,

I happen to love 1911's so that's a good idea. :supergrin: Seriously, I do have a couple of suggestions for you. Give your new Glock a good cleaning including the extractor's claw. That is probably not going to resolve the issue but it's always a good idea (and kind of satisfying too) to clean up a new gun for the first time.

Unfortunately, the best fix at this time is to spring the gun lighter. Purchase one of those aftermarket kits that allow you to run Gen 3 springs in a Gen 4 gun. These are simply drop in parts with no gunsmith/armorer skills needed. This should at least allow your gun to work until the real "fix" is finally discovered.

6. scoobtay

scoobtay

^Will try to order one of these kits ASAP! thank you!

7. G19dude

G19dude

Sad to hear about your issues with your new Gen4. Mine has been flawless since day one. I even shot the same 180gr Federal ammo as you today.