close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another G3 back to Glock today

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bolling, Feb 7, 2012.

1. bolling

bolling

I called for the third time yesterday about my Gen 3 Glock serial RXA about the infamous eratic ejection. The pistol does not have any other issues so I was iffy about whether to do it or not. I tried to get him to send the new ejector to a nearest Glock gunsmith and he said the new ejector was for the Gen 4 and I would have to send the pistol to them. I ask if I had to pay the postage since it was under warranty and he said he would email me a label. It got picked up today so it will be ineresting to see what they do. I am very satisfied with the service so far, I just hope since going through the hassle that it comes back perfect. I will keep everyone posted when it comes back.

2. JBP55

JBP55

Ask for a G4 replacement if they have problems fixing your G3.

3. bolling

bolling

It's a 17L so I think that would be a problem since they haven't made any Gen 4 17L's. I sent it in with a fiber optic front sight installed and they said that would not be a problem. After reading another post today about a Gen 3 just back with the new ejector and it was worse. I hope that does not happen. I was not that unhappy with it but it is a little irritating and embarrassing.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  4. voyager4520

voyager4520

They have used the new ejector to fix the ejection in Gen3's, so the tech you spoke with was probably uninformed.

If the ejection is worse with the new ejector, that probably means the extractor needs to be replaced. I'd keep the new ejector in the gun and replace the extractor.

Hopefully since it's going back to Glock they'll at least test-fire it and replace the extractor if necessary.

5. Roy D. Mercer

Roy D. Mercer

I had a Gen3 G30sf that consistantly ejected brass back into my face and head. Fortunately I live close enough to Smyrna that it's a "nice" drive away. I took it to them and within 15 minutes the tech came to me and said they were giving me a replacement gun. My gun was a couple of months old so I thought this was great. 4 days later I picked up the replacement gun and it was ejecting brass worse than the first one. Took it to my LGS and traded it for a Gen4 G21. Planning to shoot the Gen4 for the first time today. I hope they got their manure together on this one.

6. voyager4520

voyager4520

:wow: That they replaced it

And :shocked::faint: that it was worse than the first one.

7. glockin-45

glockin-45

You say, about the infamous eratic ejection. You don't say if yours did or not? Did you just want to upgrade to the 4th? I only ask because my Gen 3, G23 is fine. so no need for me to change it.

8. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Hey Roy: How bigga boy are ye?

9. fastbolt

fastbolt

When I picked up a late-2010 production G26, I used the performance of my older G26 for a benchmark. My new G26 exhibited ejection that was more erratic than my older one, using standard pressure, +P and +P+ ammunition (same as is used in my older G26).

I tried a couple of extractors and standard ejectors, with only a little improvement.

I tried the new 9mm ejector design with a 3rd extractor, and the ejection pattern was worse than at any other time. The resulting wear on the newest extractor was noticeably less than with the first couple of extractors, though. Virtually none (making it quite similar to the older extractor in my older g26).

I replaced the new ejector with one of the original style ejectors, but kept the new extractor. Test-fire with that combination exhibited similar ejection patterns to my old G26 (12K rounds through it, BTW, so I'm fairly used to it), being similar enough to the older G26 to be satisfactory.

It tosses the occasional empty case up or rearward every once in a while, meaning about the same as my older G26 (G-series). It'll do.

I'll save the new 9mm ejector in case it's ever needed for repair for another Glock sometime (since I'm an armorer).

Sometimes 'parts is parts'.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012