close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Duck Hunt Report with Picture!!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by LawRand, Nov 2, 2003.

1. LawRand

LawRand NRA Life Member Millennium Member

It's the 2nd day of the season in this zone of Missouri. My friend's son drew a reservation and we had 2nd pick of the blinds. We had a pretty good day...4 killed 14...we should have had limits but for poor shooting. Got checked by Game Warden...all legal. Here is a pic of my friends...I'm the one holding the camera.

2. rfb45colt

rfb45colt safe-cracker

Holy crap! It's November and the leaves are still on the trees... and some are green!!! I had to cancel my hunt this morning (11-8) because I could not find any unfrozen water to hunt on! The leaves are long gone, and are even covered with snow. ;f;f;f

Before moving "up north", I used to go goose hunting over by Horseshoe Lake in So. Ill. We went to a "hunting club" right across the road from the refuge, where you rent a pit blind in a corn field for $50 a day per man (two to a pit). We'd see thousands and thousands of geese... and ducks... every day. If any wandered across the road, they were toast. ;f

We were "roughing it"... we rented rooms at the Holiday Inn in Cape Giraurdo (sp?), MO, about 25-30 miles away. :) They had a "goose hunters special". If you booked a room, and paid in full, 30 days in advance, you could put four guys in a room, for $40 a night... total. Nice warm bed, and a bar, and a pool/sauna, for $10 a man... 1/5th the cost of the muddy hole in the ground we sat in all day. That was back in the 80s... it's likely $100 a night by now for the room, and the blind $200. But it's still the ONLY thing I miss about Hellinois.