Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Massive Member
26,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was the other vehicle part of the training scenario or just a random motorist?

Sympathies to family, friends, and DPD.
I think random, to early to be sure.

Should point out here was involved in one of the recent shootings as well, Apr 30. He pulled his partner to safety after he was shot in the head, earning a Purple heart and medal of valor. Only a year or two on the force. Truly a hero.

Randy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Massive Member
26,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was the other vehicle part of the training scenario or just a random motorist?

Sympathies to family, friends, and DPD.
Bystander.

So far, bystander, making left turn, minor contact (minimal damage, minor injuries to occupants) with officer apparently going through red light, "became airborne" (???) and struck a brick wall splitting the car in two.

Westbound Michigan Ave has lots of brick wall around the corners of that intersection as retaining wall as well as pylons for railroad tracks you're going under.

Unapproved training not sanctioned by Commander of professional services section, typically not done out in public, or at high speed.

Sounds like someone is going to get hammered for this. Perhaps justifiably so, time will tell...

Randy

·
Massive Member
26,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really glad I went, I expected a lower than normal turnout, not a lot of out of state attendence compared to normal also. So every additional body attending was important, hopefully gave the family some comfort...

Randy

·
Massive Member
26,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
One thing I'll add about the funeral.. one of the local politicians gave a little speech, noting last April he earned the highest commendation the department has to offer, the Medal of Valor, which she pronounced medal of vay-lor.

I almost got pissed, until I realized there's no way a politician would be familiar with a concept such as valor, can't really blame her for being unable to pronounce it correctly.

Randy

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Rest in peace brother.

·
Massive Member
26,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my picture in the local paper. I'm the guy in the light blue, lower right. I think we're the only ones still wearing light blue in the state.

In case you guys wondered what I look like IRL.

I was going to Photoshop a black bar to conceal my identity, but I'll risk breaking OPSEC this one time and post a picture...

Randy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.