close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Burglary

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BulldawgGlock, Apr 20, 2012.

1. BulldawgGlock

BulldawgGlock

My neighbor had his front door kicked in at 11:15 last night. They were out of town and someone with bad intentions had made note of that. This seems to be the popular way of home burglaries in my area (Athens, Ga) these days. I myself was robbed in this way last August except for my door was kicked in during the day while my fiance and I were at work. From the looks of my burglary and my neighbor's, the method is the same. Kick the door in, grab any electronics you can find and fly out the other entrance to a waiting getaway vehicle. A very fast and unfortunately effective technique. Also no prints are able to be retrieved as in both instances the perps were wearing gloves. I have no use for a thief, I wish I could administer some old south punishment on these bums :steamed:.

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Both of my next door neighbors have been burglarized. One while the owner was out in the middle of the day and I was home at the time, had no idea anything had happened until I saw the police cars in front. No suspects ever tracked down. The other while the owners were asleep in their beds, and the perp took their nightstand guns from right next to them while they slept. In that case a suspect was convicted but the only property recovered was a magazine from one of the guns. The perp is doing 12 years right now for multiple burglaries.

3. BulldawgGlock

BulldawgGlock

Taking the gun from the nightstand right next them sleeping is a scary thought. That situation could have gotten deadly fast.

4. odesskiy

odesskiy Crazy Russkiy

I sleep like a friggin' log. But my 110-lbs rottweiler certainly doesn't :D

5. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Kind of highlights why dogs or alarms are an added layer to security.

6. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

Yes, high pitched screaming from a grown man does tend to wake people up. :cool:

7. michael e

michael e

Was at lunch with guy from work today and he said they hit his house 2 weeks ago. Another friend at work said the cops went around his neighborhood telling them they had a lot lately. I sleep light, have dogs, alarm, but still not going to stop someone if they really want your stuff.

8. BulldawgGlock

BulldawgGlock

I also have a male Rotty that sleeps in the bedroom. They don't like surprise visitors do they.

9. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

That's why I have an alarm.

If I'm not home, the siren is loud as HELL, it should serve to scare the intruders plus maybe a neighbor will look out and get a license plate.

At night... I sleep soundly, but if they come in any door or window... it goes off and will wake me. Plus we have two small dogs. The dogs couldn't protect us, but all I need is a little advance warning. I have a gun on the nightstand.

Alarms and dogs.... gotta love 'em.

10. odesskiy

odesskiy Crazy Russkiy

Yeah...the downside is that sometimes she barks for no good reason in the middle of the night. Scares the crap out of me. And then she comes to me expecting to be praised for doing such a good job protecting me form squirrels and opossums. :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  11. Pinki

Pinki Kiss My Glock CLM

Well, what's to stop them? The courts aren't doing anything with these criminals (in my area anyway). It's a revolving door.

12. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

300lbs of American Mastiffs is a great equalizer.We had an attempt while both me and Kat were home.They'll be out about the time my kid graduates college.'08.

ETA. Howdy stranger. :wavey:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  13. jp3975

jp3975

That's why i lock my bedroom door.

14. droidfire

droidfire

Gun under the pillow means they have to wake me to get it, and I know it's there while they may not.

I've also got a chance at getting it without them realizing what i'm going for, if they even think or can tell i'm reaching for something.

Gun on the nightstand? ...well, the facts have been presented.