Glock Talk banner

Another boring 43 report...

893 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  J Glockerson
Picked up my new 43 two days ago, got to stretch out her legs yesterday at the range. It felt good :) Love the new pistol...Even with my large hands it's a very easy pistol to shoot, unlike my last little taurus tcp 380 pocket pistol that I traded in for it thank goodness. What a p.o.s. that little gun was, it wouldn't cycle hollow points and the clip would fall out most of the time while you were shooting it due to a light mag release that your thumb would always seems to find. Not a problem with this gun, even with the small grip there is no way you can inadvertently release the mag by accident. I even grouped better with this little gal better than my g27, even though it has more handle to grip, love it. Ran over 200 rounds through her, mostly remi green box 115, a box of pmc bronze, and a couple of mags of gold dot 124. No failures at all, Surprise Surprise huh! :)

Changed up the routine and shot left handed, I'll be damned if I didn't shoot better groups with one handed shots with my left than I did my right, me being right handed.

Picked up a de Santis dual carry II for her also, any body out there have this holster? If so what's your thoughts on it? I wore it out last night to a birthday dinner and out on the town after that...seemed ok in the owb position I had it in, but what I did notice was that theres only 1 slot for the belt to go through and I wonder if that will get loose with time after break in....? Any body? ........

Long story short, glock has done it again. I was one of the first to get the sub compact when they came out in the late 90's, and happily was one of the first (I realize it's been out a few months) to get this little gem. Amazingly enough, I paid the exact same (minus the trade in) for this glock as I did for the 27 over 15 years ago! That's not a bad deal considering most every thing goes up in price through the years, and to get some thing with this kind of quality makes you smile when they've kept the same price range for so long. I'm now back up to 3 glocks and love them all.

Rock out with your glock out gents...
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,031 Posts
Picked up my new 43 two days ago, got to stretch out her legs yesterday at the range. It felt good :) Love the new pistol...Even with my large hands it's a very easy pistol to shoot, unlike my last little taurus tcp 380 pocket pistol that I traded in for it thank goodness. What a p.o.s. that little gun was, it wouldn't cycle hollow points and the clip would fall out most of the time while you were shooting it due to a light mag release that your thumb would always seems to find. Not a problem with this gun, even with the small grip there is no way you can inadvertently release the mag by accident. I even grouped better with this little gal better than my g27, even though it has more handle to grip, love it. Ran over 200 rounds through her, mostly remi green box 115, a box of pmc bronze, and a couple of mags of gold dot 124. No failures at all, Surprise Surprise huh! :)

Changed up the routine and shot left handed, I'll be damned if I didn't shoot better groups with one handed shots with my left than I did my right, me being right handed.

Picked up a de Santis dual carry II for her also, any body out there have this holster? If so what's your thoughts on it? I wore it out last night to a birthday dinner and out on the town after that...seemed ok in the owb position I had it in, but what I did notice was that theres only 1 slot for the belt to go through and I wonder if that will get loose with time after break in....? Any body? ........

Long story short, glock has done it again. I was one of the first to get the sub compact when they came out in the late 90's, and happily was one of the first (I realize it's been out a few months) to get this little gem. Amazingly enough, I paid the exact same (minus the trade in) for this glock as I did for the 27 over 15 years ago! That's not a bad deal considering most every thing goes up in price through the years, and to get some thing with this kind of quality makes you smile when they've kept the same price range for so long. I'm now back up to 3 glocks and love them all.

Rock out with your glock out gents...
I believe whatever Glock fits you and it works its a good day, calibers and sizes to fit different gents and gals are the key for happy people.

· Registered
77 Posts
Im not familiar with the de Santis, I'm using a Mr Softy by Highnoon holsters, that holster works so well for me. But thats because I'm roughly 5'7" and super thin. Congrats on your 43, its a awesome fire arm. The 43 will always be be in my collection.

· Registered
2,224 Posts
Congrats and thanks for posting a good report. I shot a friend's 43 a couple of range sessions. I might get one in the future.

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well said Rocky7, and send my love to Adrian :winkie:

I hear ya Pierce, this one isn't going any where either...well that's not true. She's really going every where b/c she's riding my side every day....lucky girl !

Do it Alcoy, you know you what regret it.

A question for you 42 owners:

When I was at the shop that I bought it from, I saw that he had the 42 for 100 bucks less...I was assuming that glock was probably cutting the dealers good deals on them trying to clean house for the 43 sales/inventory.
What did you guys pay for the 42 when it came out, was it full price, or was $399 the going rate on that gun when it came out?

· Registered
2,184 Posts
A question for you 42 owners:

When I was at the shop that I bought it from, I saw that he had the 42 for 100 bucks less...I was assuming that glock was probably cutting the dealers good deals on them trying to clean house for the 43 sales/inventory.
What did you guys pay for the 42 when it came out, was it full price, or was $399 the going rate on that gun when it came out?
I bought my 42 fairly early in the cycle. Like you I just recently got the G43, and paid about the same as for the G42 ($500). I didn't even know the G43 existed until I saw it one day in a Glock magazine that came in the mail. I rushed right out and bought it - unlike you I didn't think on the way out to take my Taurus TCP for trade in (about the only gun of mine I'd care to part with). The G43 is great - low recoil and 100% reliable so far.

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HG,
I was very sad with that tcp, even for a taurus level. Very thin barrel, I kept waiting far it to crack while I shot a handful of Buf. Bores through it! I tried probably 6 different loads with it and it would not cycle a hollowpoint....as we know throwing 380 ball ammo at an enemy is a joke, that's not so funny. The bullets would get caught up after that first shot every time, not some thing I would rely on. Yeah too bad you didn't trade that sucker in....I had to b.s. my guy and throw in a nice leather front pocket holster that I had with the gun in order to get 100....and I was happy to get that! That pistol 5 years ago was 279, and I know I see the black version out there now for 200 all day long.

And same here on the 43, I ran across it in this month's American Rifleman while sitting in the john. And why it took them this long to do an article after the release I don't know. I did know glock was coming out with it, but didn't know when...and I hadn't been over on this site since I picked up a new gen2 g17 last november.

How does that 42 treat you , does it cycle and function with all 380 you've shoved in her ?

· Registered
2,184 Posts
HG,

How does that 42 treat you , does it cycle and function with all 380 you've shoved in her ?
It hasn't been perfect, but the handful of malfunctions are most likely ammo related - all with Freedom munitions 100 grain FMJ. Some or all of these were certainly light loads. With the carry ammo I was using, Fiocchi XTP, it was 100%. The G43 has pushed it aside permanently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.