close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Another Bill, thought he may had been a good guy

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by pck50, Feb 27, 2004.

1. pck50

pck50

Most unfortunately its rather hard too say for sure anymore.
    He has a way of putting good feedbacks for others like he did for me, meanwhile He conned me out of a Brand New Benchmade 722, In which I was foolish too believe him in.
    I had originally agreed to trade a 722 benchmade for two good clean Glock 19 mags even thought I wasnt happy with them I still had looked too keep them but he sensed that I may not had been happy being that The 722 had indeed beeen brand new and asked me too sent them back too hime and that he would pay for the knife which even had been posted for a less then half its value and so I did upon him getting them back he officially broke one one of them too reneg on what he said too me, I agreed too avoid any problem and looked too take a good loss, then he apologizes and askes that I should sent him back the broken mag and that he would do good, mean while I did vut that was the end of it all.

Everyone Please do be careful of " Another Bill " Not a very reputable and trustworthy person.

Pete

The man decided in actually doing the right and honorable thing, I Thank You !

2. Another Bill

Another Bill WWKRD What Would Keith Richards Do? Silver Member

Pete

I am ashamed of you fpr posting this. Whay have you not told everybody the real story? You have been paid in full, check #1413 on 3/02/04? What is your problem? I am the one with a smashed Glock mag from a deal YOU backed out of. lets show every what actually happened:

FIRST:

You had asked me about some G19 mags I have listed
    on Glock Talk. I looked at your knives and the Benchmade 722 Pardue Plain Tanto Brand New $90.00 looks interesting, I was asking $55 each for he mags, any ideas?
    Any other sugestions?
    Bill

NEXT:

Considering that the Benchmade is indeed brand New
    never ever used sharpened or even ever cut anything
    nor ever carried. and retails for a good $180.00 If
    you do 2 mags I will go for it ,as an even swap. the
    ball is in your court.
    Pete

NEXT:

Bill,
    Many thanks for the herads up, certainly is appreciate
    it. Please also know that the knife has also gone out
    today already as well. In fact the shipping way was also the same . Please do note for your record to its tracking # 0303
    2460 0002 6114 2569
    Thanks Again,
    And Have Great Day!
    Pete

NEXT:

Pete
    I have one more Hi-Cap G19 NDF mag with no "U" on it and
    no "+2" base plate but a standard Glok base plate left. What is the best you could do on the Benchmade Auto Stryker 9100SBT Black serrated Tanto and cash (PayPal) for it? Do you have any more of the Pardue's? That is a sweet knife, I hate to carry it.
    Bill

NEXT:

Bill, That Benchmade knife called the 722 certainly is
    a very nice piece, no doubt. And Im certainly very glad that you like it and naturally your very happy with it. As for the additional Glock 19 Mag that you have regarding a trade towards the Benchmade Auto Stryker 9100SBT, Ill tell you what since that mag also doesnt have a +2 on it how about this then,
    The Benchmade Auto Stryker 9100SBT Brand New In Box,
    with also an original optional Benchmade sheath for
    it. for your Glock 19 mag and $125.00 Cash, and I promise
    you that the this knife is as clean as the one you got ir if not even cleaner. really no kidding.
    Pete

NEXT:

Hi Bill,
    Please know that only this evening I just got hold of your parcel, containing the two Glock 19 mags with the Plus 2 on them. Kinda disappointed in the fact that they werent original factory +2, and as for the magazines they appear in being Utah state Police issue, thats what the engraved Sideways U stands for I think.
    Personally I have too say that I certainly would have been a lot happier if they may not had that on them at all. And in also having the Original factory Glock +2 on them as well. But in returning them wow that would be more triuble then they maybe worth, LOL, So lets just say that one day you'll owe a couple of drinks, LOL. Please also kindly advise me on your other decission concerning the Benhmade 9100SBT as well.
    Thanks again,
    And have a great day
    Pete

NEXT:

Pete
    I don't want you to be unhappy with the mags. In the description on Glock Talk I had taken great care to describe the mags as
    having the "U" which other Glock Talkers have said is to mean "factory refurbed" and marked as "used", I have never called Glock to ask about this, but I do have one G22 mag with the same "U" on it. Also I mentioned that the base plate was an
    after market. The based plate is of the same quality as the Glocks, which I have. I have the Scherer as well and they suck, I'll
    GIVE you some of them. The next time you go to the post office drop them back and I'll just send you the money, I much prefer happy dealings. Sorry for any confusion.

This is a copy of what I have listed on Glock Talk:

For the Glock 19:

Two 15 round NFML (Non-drop free) Gen1 mags in excellant shape with Wolf +10 springs and aftermarket +2 base pads with the Factory rebuild "U" stamped on them: SOLD PRF

One 15 round NFML (Non-drop free) Gen1 mag in excellant shape with Wolf +10 springs : $55 with free shipping

For the Glock 22:

One 15 round NFML (Non-drop free) Gen1 mag in Like New Never Fired: $65 withfree shipping

Three 15 round FML (Drop free) Gen3 mags in excellant shape, one of them has a Factory rebuild "U" stamped on it: $75 with free shipping

PayPal prefered, US Postal Money Orders ok

Thanks
    Bill

NEXT:

No problem Bill, I really do appreciated as well.
    I will try and attempt in having them sent out
    tomorrow if I shouldnt get a chance they surely will
    go out no later then Monday. And Again, many thanks for the understanding your a perfect Gentleman and would love too deal with you on anything and everything. Certainly hope that I surely
    get the honor of dealing with you again soon.
    Thank You,
    Pete

NEXT:
    on 2/9/04 1:16 AM, JetSetterOne at
    jetsetterone@yahoo.com wrote:
    Hello Bill,
    Please know that its been some very good time since I
    had sent in the Two Glock 19 mags w/the +2 's on them.
    And had been wondering if you may have received them
    yet, because I still havent received a check for the knife as we had priorly discussed and agreed. If you can kindly advise on the status of everything I surely would very much appreciate it.
    Many Thanks Again, In Advance
    And Have A Very Wonderful Day !
    Pete

NEXT:

Pete
    I got the mags in today. They are in a really BIG box and packed perfectly with styrofoam peanuts abound. The box is in perfect
    condition, all of it's corners are in perfect shape, the box shows no damage in any way. Are you wondering why I am going through all this description of a box?????
    Does it seem odd that I am making such a BIG DEAL about the box being PERFECT?????????????
    WTF is going on with the mags????????
    One of them is SPLIT open on the back side, from the rear feed lip all the way down from hole #4 to #6 to #8 and it finally stops at #10. The mags were PERFECT, just like the box you shipped them in, when I sent them to you. You did not say anything about any damage to the mags at all so there is nothing I can do to recover insurance on the mag.There is an attachment that is a picture I took of the mag before I sent it to you, as you can see it is PERFECT. I expect to hear a response from you on this. I am not laughing. Do not make this into a pissing contest on the internet as I have a stellar reputation on to many boards for you to know. If I seem pissed it is because that mag had to be split when you carefully placed it into an over protected box, I can not see how you did not know the mag was split in your possession and now you are sending it back to me??????? Hell, I have know idea why I told you I would take the mags back when EVERYTHING IN THE POST CLEARLY SPELLED OUT EXACTLY
    WHAT I HAD and then you act like you didn't know what you were getting, you acted in bad faith in this whole deal from the start. I have and I always will stand by my word, but I will not stand by and get screwed. If you have some explanation for all of this, I am waiting. Bill

NEXT:

Bill,
    In all due respect the magazines when they arrived did
    appear that they were aok the only complain was that
    the U kinda had mostly disappointed me quite a bit. As
    for the cracking or splitting No Im not call=ing a lie
    but certainly I surely dont have any idea as too how
    could that had happened at all, but it surely is very
    rare. And I also am certainly sorry that they arrived
    that way. I surely dont understand it, If I may
    receommend maybe Glock can take care of it if not
    please do advise as too how would you like tooo
    resolve it it. But surely Bill I will not deny that the mags did reach me aok, and Im at a loss for words as too what ay had happened. \Please do advise a recommended remedy for this situation in your opinion.
    Thanks again,
    Pete

NEXT:
    on 2/9/04 8:58 PM, JetSetterOne at
    jetsetterone@yahoo.com wrote:
    Bill,
    In all due respect with no lack of respect I have always respected your ways. It certainly was not in any of intentions at all too screw you over anything at all. Im certainly very sorry over the way that you feel. Please note that i was going too keep them because i
    did feel embarrassed in telling you too return them it was your polite concern that did change my mind. Bill, I have never ever had an experience like this before but certainly most unfortunate things do happen. Please know that I did not even ever load the
    mags at all in fact from only having taken a look at them thats all that took place of them. if you feel that Im out to decete you in which certainly Sir I am not and again Im sorry that you feel that way would you atleast consider in returning the damaged mag and simply paying half the balance at least, even though I honestly did take care of them. I have no idea if the packaging in styrofoam may caused it either, Honestly I am being honest When I did get them they did appear aok, except for the U only.
    Please do advise if returning the one mag and simply paying at leaast the half amount for for the knife after all Im sure that you know that even though the knife does sell for $180.00 i WAS ONLY CHARGING $80.00 BEING THAT i am in a major financial bad position. Waiting for your reply.
    Thank You,
    pete

NEXT:
    on 2/9/04 9:13 PM, JetSetterOne at
    > jetsetterone@yahoo.com wrote:
    Bill, Please know that from the very begining I thought the world of you in being a very much perfect Gentlman. I certainly did not do anything too screw you in any sense of the way at all. \I am very saddened by the way that you surely do feel. I certainly dont and certainly did not expect any mag too split. Im willing too be as fair as possible. Please return the mag too me, and simply I would only charge you half the asking price for the knife which was the $80.00 originally, even though it did cost me $180.00 I would be willing too make a sacrifice in that major loss since you feel that I may had been out in deceiving you, which certainly is not my intention. Bill, I never looked too deceit you in any way in fact I thought the world of you being that very perfect Gentlman. I havent done anything wrong in desrving your accusations Sir, with all due respect.
    Pete

End of part one, see next post for the rest of the story:

3. Another Bill

To keep this rant down to the proper size, this is the second half:

NEXT:

Pete
    As you may already know, this is what I have offered, I think it is fair enough. The bit about the knife being a $180 knife is a bit of a stretch as I did a quick search on the internet before I agreed to the deal and I'd have to be an idiot to pay that much for it. On the other hand, if the Assault Weapons Ban is not allowed to sunset, and I don't think it will, all the pre-ban mags will only rise in value, knives will not. I will send a check with the mag Tuesday in your box.
    Bill

NEXT:

Pete
    As I pointed out in my original post on GlockTalk, that is still there, I clearly stated the there were "U"'s stamped on the mags. This was always up front and out there, I never hid it, as a matter of fact I pointed it out. We are all big boys and I expect big boys to read clearly written posts and honor them, you answered my post I didn't solicit you. Now I agreed to accept the mags back and made every effort to accommodate your unusual request. In return I have received a no good split mag in a perfect package and you want me to take the expense and time to try to remedy the problem. I suggest that you try to pony up and honor your original obligations and be a big boy. I don't accept this mag as a suitable return. I had the mags listed at $55 each, you listed the knife at $90 and then $80. I'll send you $35 and the busted mag in payment for the knife and you should be happy.
    Bill

NEXT:

Bill, again no problem Sir.
    Pete

NEXT:

Pete
    I called Glock this morning at 1-770-432-1202 and they said they will replace a broken NFML pre-ban mag with another refurbished pre-ban NFML mag for $25, the new replacement mag will have the "U" stamped on it as all used mags that pass through Glock have the "U" stamped on them by Glock. If you
    prefer, they will swap out the broken pre-ban hi-cap mag with a 10 round mag for free. I am sorry for all the confusion, I would assume you can imagine my anger and suspicion upon seeing a broken mag in a great big box after all this odd business about backing out of a sound deal etc etc etc, but I will hold no assumptions towards you in this matter. The check and mag went out today, USPS tracking number is: 0303 1290 0001 7935 1325
    Bill

NEXT:

Bill,
    Many Thanks for heads up on Glocks policy I certainly
    do appreciate it. Although at this moment in al honesty I'm not sure as to which way in that would I consider going into, but I guess that If they may also consider issueing a warranty of some sort it maybe an option I guess but certainly not certain.
    Nahhh, dont worry about it too be honest I would have too say that I really would have been more shock then you, for I surely cant figure out as too how did that mag ever pop open especially in the very secured fashion in which I also had packaged them.
    Also Bill, please do remind yourself that I was even the one that has originally said that awwww its no big deal Ill keep them, it was when you had statrted too insist that you wanted me too really be happy that I only at that point only stated awwww OK, thanks for the offer, then in being told that I was backening on
    a deal kinda did offend me in all honesty I was only listening too your kindness. Bill, I am 45 years old and have never ever took anyone for a ride in being deceitful and certainly wouldnt look too start that now. Again, as for the broken or popped mag whatever you may want too classify it in all honesty I never ever noticed it that way, if I had I surely would have brought it too your attention. Especially when you were directly indicating too me that you really had liked the knife a whole lot and that If I may not had liked the mags that I shouldnt have too worry and simply return them for you surely wouldnt had mind paying the price of $80.00 for that individual Benchmade knife. Bill, it was only on your very constant kind words that had prompted me in returning the mags, otherwise I certainly would have kept them as they were, instead there was a valuable lesson learned from it as well. which is that sometimes it very well maybe too be a bit less happy then get into a bigger expense and loss. Well, again You take good care and have yourslef a very wonderful day,
    Pete

NEXT:

Pete
    If you decide to send the mag back to Glock for their $25 warranty replacement, and I think you should, let me know and I will split the $25 fee with you. Or maybe just put the mag in simple envelope and mail it back to me (it is already broken) and I'll send you $33 (the balance less half the Glock fee) and I'll send it back to Glock and deal with it. I am 49 and life is too short to get bogged down into this sort of petty stuff. Lets find out a way for both of us to be happy as I do think you are an honest person. I will be out of town until Sunday but I will try to check emails.
    Bill

NEXT:

Bill,
    Truthfully I havent fully made up my mind yet whether
    I would look too do that or not yet too be honest. But
    I certainly do appreciate the offer, it is very generous of you. Again Thank you. In regards to about also If I choose too put it in the
    mail for you, your indicating that you would be willing too send me half of the remainig 33.00, now I know that Im not no rocket scientist but if you had mailed me with the mag as you stated already the $35.00 and the knifes price originally was $80.00 How would the bal. of that be only $33.00. LOL. Am I perhaps missing an invisible point, LOL.
    Pete

NEXT:

Pete
    Guess what, when I get back home I'll send you the balance on the knife. Send me the mag the cheapest way and I'll deal with it.
    I am impressed with how you have conducted yourself through out this difficult situation. If everyone acted as you the world would be a much better place. I have posted a nice post for you on the GlockTalker "Smart Shopper" board.
    Thanks
    Bill

NEXT:

Bill, OK! Thank You Very Much then I will do so, I certainly also appreciate the heads up on glocktalk's feedback but even more so the kind words they mean a lot , at least too me. Kindly also know that in regards too your other email too me concerning the Benchmade Auto Stryker I do still have that as well. By the way just for the record the email address that you state for me too reply too is not good all the emails come back too me from that .
    Pete

NEXT:

February 23, 2004 4:16 PM
    Bill,
    Its been a very long time since you had mentioned too
    me too have the magazine sent back too you, and had
    also inquired on the Benchamde Stryker. IS everything alright diod your trip go aok this isnt like you sir, Hope that everything is aok, and that certainly I do get too hear off you very soon.
    By the way yes, I have also already sent in the Vracked mag as you requested, and also still have held the Benchmade Stryker for you as well.Please do contact me at your very earliest
    convenience.
    Thanks again,
    Pete

NEXT:

Thursday, February 26, 2004 10:53 PM
    I had sent back the mags a good time ago and have also
    got confirmation that they had already been delivered
    too you, it had all been in good faith. I guess that
    obviousely I made a mostake in ever trusting you and
    also Im begining too believe that you also had broken
    the magazine and looked too blame me. If thats the
    value that you want too put on your respect then what
    can I say I know that I will not die if I loose $45.00
    but you surely would be loosing your respect too not
    only me but mainly your self . have yourself a very
    lovely day.
    Pete

NEXT:

Dude
    I have been out of town for over a week and about to leave again for a week and extremely bust since I have been back. I mailed
    your check a few days ago. Calm down, I am the only one screwed on this deal. If I take a few days to get screwed, then give me a few days. You should have your money Friday or Saturday. You are right though, I do have a broken mag.
    Bill

NEXT:

Friday, February 27, 2004 10:00 AM
    OK, Thank You!
    Pete

NOW:

Now if anybody has taken the time to wade throught this pile of crap you will get an idea of what I went through for a silly knife from this immature jackass. I paid him ALL his money and in return I got back a smashed mag, Whay? because the money just is not that important to me and I BELIVED his line of crap.
    Who is the bad guy here?

Bill
    AnotherBill
    AR15.COM
    BATTLERIFLES.COM
    FALFILES.COM

Post on any of these boards to heck my referenes. My name is worth more to me than money.

4. sundance43.5

sundance43.5

Well, if grammar and a general grasp of the English language mean anything, I'm going to give the edge to Bill.

Also, kudos to Bill for posting their correspondence, kind of makes the other guy look like an idiot.

Chris

5. Another Bill

Thanks Chris

His "grammar and a general 'grasp' of the English language" led me to feel sorry for the guy and just give him the money and pitch the busted mag. I don't mind doing that as I an afford to do it, what I don't tolorate is trashing my good name, no one an afford that.
    As I mentioned to Pete in the letter that went out with his last check, "Always take the high-road."

Bill

6. Keith5579

Keith5579 STONEHOUSE

By reading his posts, I get the impression Pete likes the gin and juice a little too much.