close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another baking frenzy completed

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by MissileCop, Oct 12, 2004.

1. MissileCop

MissileCop OCD Baker Millennium Member

Man, what a day! 8 hours later, and I'm finally done all my cooking.
    Phew! Who knew that cooking could take it out of you? ;f At least the folks at the hospital will be happy.

2 strawberry pies
    strawberry delight
    double batches of: chocolate/peanut butter cookies
    double chocolate chunk cookies
    peanut butter cookies
    chocolate chip cookies

chocolate lava cake
    blueberry/lemon crumble cake
    raspberry roll
    key lime squares

My oven definitely got a workout today!! Which is what I'm gonna need after all of todays taste testing! ;a <--- And this is how I'll be travelling for a few days, until I return to my regular shape! LOL

2. Miss Maggie

Miss Maggie

One of my friends makes chocolate lava cake. My daughter got her recipe and tried it. Out of this world!

What is strawberry delight?

3. 308endurdebate

308endurdebate

Are you gonna share recipes?

BTW - how many trigger pulls does it take to work off 100 calories? You might wear out your barrels before you get done ;f

-k

4. MissileCop

MissileCop OCD Baker Millennium Member

Sorry for the wait. It's been a busy few days. Cleaning up all the dishes, plus I have a new four legged member of the family. Have to referee the Clan O'Kitties during the adjustment.

Miss Maggie,
    Strawberry Delight is a dish made with vanilla pudding, cool-whip, graham crackers, and a choice of toppings.

1 6 serving pkg of Jell-O Vanilla Pudding
    1 Cup Cool-Whip
    1 box of Graham Crackers
    1 can of pie filling (strawberry and blueberry are my two favorites)

Whip up the vanilla pudding (using 2 1/2 cups milk), mix in the cup of cool-whip.

In an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, put a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan (inside, not outside ;) ) Pour half of the mixture over the graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers, pour rest of pudding mix on top. Add a third and top layer of graham crackers. Pour can of pie filling over top of last layer of graham crackers. Chill for four hours.

* Not in the recipe, but this is what I made for an addition. Use strawberry pie filling for the topping. When you take it out, add fresh sliced strawberries on top of that, and serve.

Whenever my former boss invites me over to his house, I'm 'expected' to bring dessert. The one time I didn't, there were some pissed off people! ;P Won't make THAT mistake again! ;)

308endurdebate,
    Let me know which ones you want the recipes for, and I'll post 'em. I'm not at home right now, so they're not handy.