close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anomaly in WXpPro

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DonL, Mar 22, 2007.

1. DonL

DonL

When I am doing a lot of moving and deleting of files and folders at some point in time(it takes awhile) what will happen is if I, lets say delete a file, it will not appear that the file is deleted. It will still appear to be in the folder that it was in, but the file is not there and is not accessible. Also, lets say I move a file from one folder to another it will not appear that the file is moved and will not appear in the new folder that it was placed. In both cases if I close all the windows and then reopen them everything will appear the way it should with the files being in their proper location and not appearing where they were.

I have a video of a picture file I deleted from a fold but the icon of the file is still in the folder and that same file is in the Recycle Bin.....It straightened out when I restored the file and then deleted it again.....Its about 22MB though

Anyone ever see this??....

2. Toyman

Toyman

Next time, see if F5 will refresh it.

3. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

If you’re moving large files, large numbers of files or entire directories containing either, xcopy is your friend. As a bonus, it’s more efficient (read: faster) and kinder to the files when moved from command line.

4. DonL

DonL

Not much of a power user with the commands....The F5 option works...Thanks.

This seems lame though....never had this problem with W98.