close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Annoyance with LaserMax on Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Revolvr, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Revolvr

Revolvr

I've installed a LaserMax on a Glock 30 and taken it to the practice range twice now. I have found a couple of annoyances:

Occasionally, when shooting with the laser on, it will turn off by itself.

Occasionally while shooting with the laser off, it will turn on by itself.

After firing 50 rounds or so, it seems hard to turn on sometimes, where I really have to press the slide lock with my fingernail to get it in far enough to turn it on.

Is this behavior normal?

TIA

-- Dan

2. jevans142

jevans142

I don't think that is normal activity. The one I have in my G23 has never done either of those things you mentioned.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you checked the spring that you installed with the new Slide Lock/Laser switch? It almost sounds like there is not enough spring tension on the switch and it is allowing excessive play and causing it to turn off/on unexpectedly or not making proper contact. I have one in my 30 and it has not had any problems like the one you describe. However, I am currently experiencing some other problems with the sight not working at all!

4. Revolvr

Revolvr

I sent LaserMax an email over the weekend. Doug replied, saying the first thing to try is the slide lock spring. They are sending me a new one right away.

Great customer service.

-- Dan

5. Glock30Girl

Glock30Girl SAFE WITH GLOCK

I have a Glock 30 also. I too have had problems with the lasermax. I just said forget it and took it out.