GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Come on man!!
14,823 Posts
This is the EXACT same message they put up on the 1911 Forum just before they changed over to a new format that sucks.

Must be the same owners.

I predict forum suck in the future.
Keep posting like this and we're going to have to start a "Free seanmac45" movement with hats and avatars.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I hate change, but I get the need. Now we get to play where's Waldo to find where old functionality is hidden. Lucky for me I have time to experiment.

·
Registered
12,432 Posts
If anyone thinks they can build a better site then have at it. Otherwise, at least give them a chance. Everything you get on GT and they don’t charge you cheap [email protected] one penny for it. Give them a chance and if it doesn’t work, then go find a new site.
I hope it works out for the better. This is my first stop site of the day, and I would like for it only improve.

I suspect the change will be not dissimilar to an OS upgrade. Once you figure out how to turn off or avoid the annoyances (programers call them features) things will settle back into a nearly normal flow.

One thing I am pretty positive will happen though. It will be an improvement for those that own and run the board more so than it will for the users.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm an Admin at a truck site, and it moved to new Verticlescope software awhile back. There was the usual whining and crying, but it works well, and it couldn't be any easier to upload pics..drag and drop. No more 3rd party b/s. We have more new members signing up every day. Change is going to happen...like it or not.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
If you just use Tapatalk it will still work the same as before if it the verticalscope garbage. That's what I do. It's not better it sucks.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I really hope it's not going to be like 1911forum, Watchuseek, etc.

·
Registered
652 Posts
What is going on with all these boards going thru changes. Most of the ones I'm on have changed and they really suck! Hope this won't fall into that category. Your not going with that Canadian company are you?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Before this is initiated, you might want to talk to the members of HK PRO & see how they liked the transition? This is a ridiculous move and won't end well at all.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
A forum I was on "upgraded" a year or 2 ago. It went so badly that it drove a significant number of users away and they ended up going back to the old style board. Still the buy/sell section isn't corrected and the site hasn't been the same. One of the biggest **** ups I've ever seen.
If you are referring to GB that was a mess. I had thousands of posts on the forum there and quit totally it was so screwed up. I have bought a couple of guns on the auction side, and probably would have bought more but I just stopped looking there except on a rare occasion.

·
Registered
20,322 Posts
If you are referring to GB that was a mess. I had thousands of posts on the forum there and quit totally it was so screwed up. I have bought a couple of guns on the auction side, and probably would have bought more but I just stopped looking there except on a rare occasion.
Not sure what GB is, but the forum I was mentioning wasn't a gun forum.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Hope the New Improved thing/software is not a Product of Biden & Biden Software, aka Hunter & Joe full of Chinese Bugs, and Virus.........me making bad yoke.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
I still haven't figured out the new 1911Forum yet. Goofiest layout I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Sigtalk recently “upgraded”.

Haven’t been back, it’s awful.

Glocktalk seems to work well, I don’t see a need to f with it.

Sadly, all calls to leave well enough alone will fall on deaf ears.

Oh well, it’s been fun.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.