GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,344 Posts
This is the EXACT same message they put up on the 1911 Forum just before they changed over to a new format that sucks.

Must be the same owners.

I predict forum suck in the future.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If anyone thinks they can build a better site then have at it. Otherwise, at least give them a chance. Everything you get on GT and they don’t charge you cheap [email protected] one penny for it. Give them a chance and if it doesn’t work, then go find a new site.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If it's the one many other forums have gone to it really sucks. Not a little a lot.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spork

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I think I heard about this just before seeing this thread when I finished watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix tonight. The new software should help bump up our time on page and increase revenues.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Back around 2013 they did some kind of upgrade and they lost my account. I had to start over. I'm not expecting a smooth transition.

·
Registered
373 Posts
FFCars.com is a forum about Factory Five Cars. I have been there since 2003. It was also bought out by Vertical Scope, and was later given a new format a couple of years ago.

Now, it is a ghost town.

I do hope that maybe they have learned something to make this episode go smoother, but ....

·
Registered
20,210 Posts
I like everything about the layout and function of this site. It's not always perfect, but no forum is. This site by far has the best media uploader of any site I've been on.

Any drastic changes won't go over well. I've seen it kill forums too many times.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I like everything about the layout and function of this site. It's not always perfect, but no forum is. This site by far has the best media uploader of any site I've been on.

Any drastic changes won't go over well. I've seen it kill forums too many times.
Yeah people have left the others i go to that went to the new software for good. It is Really bad.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spork

·
Registered
2,826 Posts

+1

I absolutely agree. GT is my go-to site for diversity of topics, volume of traffic, and ease of use.

I carry and shoot my Sigs more, but SigTalk just feels dull.

I own more S&Ws, but Smith-wesson forum, while full of good firearm info, has a horrible interface.

I didn't even own Glocks when I first signed up here, but GT has remained my favorite.

The odds of this change bringing improvement are low.

·
Registered
739 Posts

+2
GT's Uploader is the best on ANY other site I frequently visited in the past. I'm relatively new here (haven't even made my "political posting bones" yet), but the upload "freedom" was the first thing that prompted me sign-up!
Progress can be a double-edged gladius. The Roman empire did outlast the sanity of it's sysops, but not for very long.

·
Lost in transit
6,477 Posts
This is the EXACT same message they put up on the 1911 Forum just before they changed over to a new format that sucks.

Must be the same owners.

The format sucks is hard to move around and is even worse on mobile devices. I haven't been back since 1911addicts it is for me.

Sadly if they do it here, it will kill this site too.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
8,638 Posts

Must be the same owners.

I just checked out 1911 Forum, I was a member a few years ago but stopped going there. The new format there sucks.

Reactions: -JCN- and spork
21 - 40 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.