Ankle holster for Glock 27

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by harley rider, Apr 26, 2012.

1. harley rider

harley rider

Does anyone here have any real life time/experence with the Glock 27 in an ankle holster?? I have my ccw and can't always use a belt holster and have thought about an ankle rig - just picked up a little s&w 36 - old school and have always liked them but now having second thoughts about another caliber and all that. Have had the 27 since 96 and it Always goes bang, lol..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. 1canvas

1canvas

I have carried a j-frame in a galco ankle glove for many years but then I was not feeling real good about the 5 round limit. I started carrying a 27 in a galco ankle glove. at first it felt a little bulky but after a while I got used to it. one thing about the 27 is you have to have the right pants for good concealment and access. most people don't give ankle holsters enough carry time to get use to them and find the right tightness around the ankle. I often wear them in the summer when I can't wear anything else. it sure feels good with the 27 on my ankle though.

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

I recently purchased the Galco ankle glove for my G26.

It's a solid piece of construction. Like all holsters some wardrobe attention is in order.

Jeans or pants that are tight at the ankle can cause a print and make access more difficult.

Pants that are not long enough or just long enough on you might ride up at the ankles and expose it when you sit so be mindful of that.

If you don't mind stretching out some socks you can put the holster on then put your sock on and pull up over the bottom of it for extra concealment. I haven't really found that necessary.

For tightest hold of the pistol, even if the thumbreak comes undone, put the holster on first then, put the pistol in and snap it in. I have walked all around the house, steps and yard with it having the thumb break undone like that and it didn't come out.

It's pretty comfortable. It moves very little and after a little bit you get used to it and don't notice it much. If I wore it everyday I imagine I would no longer notice at all. Kind of like if you haven't been accustomed to wearing a wrist watch in a while and start wearing one again. The first week you're cognizant of its presence but then you forget about it.

If you have big calves they have a boot extension thing which lets it ride higher, and there is also a calf strap that would stabilize it more if you plan on running a lot. But jogging around the yard without all that it didn't shift on me. I'm probably going to get them anyway. They aren't much.

Would also be great for something like a J-Frame or PM9, PPS. But, I'd rather have my G26.

As you would expect, it's handy seated in the car. Otherwise, it's one of the slower methods of access to a pistol, but if it's your only option that day...

On the plus side no one is really staring at your ankles so I think it's a pretty strong concealment option as long as you don't have skinny jeans.

I would buy it again, but I only have it for use if there is no other suitable alternative available to me, would also be good on a long car trip. It's nice to have the option and it's made well.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

The sub compacts Glocks are tough with jeans. Dress pants would work. Ankle carry is best suited to a small revolver or slim frame autos.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The Galco Ankle Glove, get the calf strap as well it helps.

:50cal:

6. Dooger

Dooger

Got any real life pics?

I'm interested....

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

8. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

De Santis Apache, I have a Galco Ankle Glove, and Fobus ankle holster, but the old De Santis is the one I use the most.

9. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

I wear dress pants and tucked in dress shirts for work every day. I picked up a cheap generic ankle holster for my PF-9 at a gun show several years ago and it does just fine. I use high-top dress socks and my pants have a full break in the crease at the shoe which hides the holster while I'm seated.