close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Animals are interesting.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by railfancwb, Aug 9, 2012.

1. railfancwb

railfancwb

My new-to-me young cat, Golden, has been stalking a squirrel which was playing on a rail fence. Cat charged, squirrel ran up a fat tall tree and is now chattering at the cat. I think the squirrel knew all along what the cat had in mind and has just been teasing.

2. fwm

fwm

Squirrels seem to be born pretty innocent.

I was once watching a family of very young squirrels playing in tall grass. A big dog came running over, and while the squirrels just sat up and watched it curiously, it grabbed one after the other and crushed their heads. Finally the one last baby realized what was going on and ran up a tree, the lone survivor. I'll bet he now hides from dogs every time one shows up.

3. PBCounty

PBCounty

Yes they are. I watch from my patio daily the activities between a specific crow, a couple ducks, a couple guinea hens, turtles and squirrels. They have quite the little complex relationships and interactions with each other.

4. PBCounty

PBCounty

5. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

I've got a few chipmunks that are so tame they will take a peanut right out of your hand. They are also very "polite" and don't get too grabby. (yeah....know you're not supposed to give human attributes to critters, but it seems to fit). However they do like to chase each other around and tumble when another chipmunk tries to go out of the defined pecking order.
    A couple little red squirrels have caught on to the peanut deal, but they are very greedy and quarrelsome. They have a hard time even finding the peanut unless you hit them in the head with one.
    The big grey fox squirrels are pretty timid, but seem to be the sumo wrestlers of the rodent crowd. The little chipmunks which are 1/10th the size of the greys are so quick they run in and grab the penaut right from under the lumbering big rodent.
    All 3 species has learned to come running to the deck in hopes of a hand-out when they hear the sliding door open.
    Cheap entertainment for sure.

6. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I think animals are more entertaining than humans.

7. redman797

redman797

Probably most interesting thing I have ever seen was a monkey teasing a stray dog in Afghanistan. It seamed the monkey kept taunting the dog saying nah nah nah poo poo, you cant get me. Basically would run near the dog, get it to chase them, then run back up a tree or wall.

That same monkey would also steal MRE packets that had been left around (no one eats the omelets...) and would run off with them and then would tear into them, eat some and then leave it on the ground... When he was lucky he would get snack bread for our amusement.

Monkeys.....not to be trusted....EVER

8. Kevin108

Kevin108 THIS IS IN ALL CAPS

Unfortunately, you can't say the same thing for Dinobots.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012