close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ANIB Benchmade 942 Axis Osborne, BT2 plain edge, going cheap!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Dead Man's Hand, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand No Way to Win

2. Snub357

Snub357 Did I say that?

Free advertising for your auction?

No thanks.

3. Dead Man's Hand

Your right Snub this is unheard of. Forgive me for letting other GT'ers know of a great knife deal that will sell well under the retail price I paid for it. ;Q

BTW, Thanks for the bump!

4. Snub357

Snub357 Did I say that?

"Currently" at $71 and climbing.

Nothing personal. I just think links to auctions are B.S.

5. Dead Man's Hand

So because of your personal feelings of links to auctions you're going to ruin my thread? Again forgive me for listing on Ebay, I would post actual ads on GT but the only people who respond are folks wanting to trade or folks who e-mail with ridiculous lowball offers. Doing it this way the lowball folks can bid their conscious and the serious folks who want a great deal can also get in, plus my feedback record with Ebay is flawless so there is no question of my integrity.

Now Snub if your not interested in my knife (which you have already made the abundantly clear) GET OFF MY THREAD!! ;t

6. Snub357

Snub357 Did I say that?

It was my understanding that these want ad forums are for people who:

Are SELLING an item.

Are wanting to TRADE an item.

Are wanting to BUY an item.

I don't see a topic that is for:

People wanting to AUCTION an item in ANOTHER PLACE.

Who wants to be tricked into opening a post that says" Item for sale CHEAP" and then be directed to an auction site where the item is being bid on, and may or may not end up CHEAP.

If auctions links are standard policy, and it is the intended purpose, I guess I'll get used to it, but I would appreciate another category, just for auction links, so those of us NOT interested in auctions, won't waste our time.

What is so hard about posting it here, and naming your price?

Have a nice day.

7. Dead Man's Hand

Show me where it is prohibited to link to an auction.

A knife with an MSRP of $180 currently at $71 with 2 days left is cheap.

Take that up with Eric not with me, and get used to it somewhere other than my thread.

Please reread my above post about the people who want to trade and lowball.

8. Snub357

Snub357 Did I say that?

You totally miss the point.

For sale.
    For trade.
    Wanted to buy.

Good bye.

9. Dead Man's Hand

No newbie you missed the point. Is my knife for sale? Yep, now show me where it says that links to auctions are prohibited here on GT. Other than your personal objection there is none. Why don't you go and PM complaints to all the others who have done the exact thing that I have past or present?

*Rusty* Please lock this thread. Oh and Snub when I do the exact same thing again at the begining of the week please do not post.

10. LinuxBoy

LinuxBoy

Allow me to weigh in where I'm not wanted.

On the plus side, Wolf has donated money to GT. He's not completely freeloading like, well, me.

On the other hand, posting a link to an auction you're running is somewhat sleazy to me, and those who feel as I do simply won't participate.

I feel tricked or played if I check out an offer advertising a "cheap price" on GT only to discover it's really a link to an auction site.

Nor do I see how Snub could be construed as "ruining the thread" for Wolf. Publicity only serves to keep your post at the top of the list, and people will draw their own conclusions. Attempting to supress maturely expressed opinions (which Snub's clearly are) only serves to lend his opinion weight it might not otherwise have had.

This may be small consolution, Snub, but I'm in your corner on this one. No offense meant to you personally, Wolf.

11. Dead Man's Hand

LinuxBoy and Snub, your opinions are fine and dandy but posting them in the For Sale forums is forbidden. If you have a problem with the way I have chosen to conduct business then please pass on my ads and do not buy from me. Until recently these forums were locked to avoid this exact situation, something I hope Rusty and Eric look into reinstating. I have not exaggerated the topic of this thread nor the item in any way, an auction for a new knife that starts at $1 dollar with no reserve and is going to finish way below retail is exactly as I described, cheap. Just because I have chosen to sell it in the confines of a safe trading environment like Ebay should not be knock to me. Basically you can sum it up to this, I am giving a heads up to Glock Talkers on a great deal on a knife. It will sell at a low price, I can foresee that by the auctions current status, and If I'm letting Gt'ers know about it to get in on what is a bargain then it's no concern of yours. You are not the GT Police nor should you pretend to be. If you have a problem with links like these take it up with Rusty and Eric they make the decisions here, not me.

*Rusty*, please lock this thread out.

12. Mac41

Mac41

13. Snub357

Snub357 Did I say that?

It's still a diversion to another website, with an item that has no fixed price, that is up for the highest bidder, and that website has OTHER sponsors, TOTALLY unrelated to GT.

AUCTION.

Your newbie crack is way out of line.

I hope your contribution was large. For all the free advertising you get on your auctions.

I will comment no more, as I can see your tone is turning nasty.