Anderson Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by don't tread on me, Mar 28, 2003.

1. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

This was my very first GSSF shoot, but it definitely wont be my last! Overall I was pleased with the whole event, registration went fairly quickly and I never had to long of a wait at any of the stations.

I didn't record my scores, but I feel like I did pretty good. I only had one D ring hit on five to glock and I think I had two C ring hits, the rest were all a's and b's. The plates went well, took em all down in the six second range on all four strings, with a miss here and there. Glock M was the hardest for me. The first string went pretty good, but when I shot my second and third string I kept aiming for the first popper, I caught myself before I fired but it cost me some time. I shot AM/CIV only, but next time I think I'm gonna shoot AM/CIV and Subcompact.

I did break a hundred though, I had nine rounds left when it was all said and done! ;f ;f ;f

I met DonatPC and DEJ/FL, Don tried to offer me some advice on turning in all my score sheets for each stage at the very begining but I misunderstood him so I had to wait around longer then I should have. So I used that wait to my advantage and paid close attention to all the shooters as I was waiting, and I learned some things in the process.

All in all I had a great time and loved every minute of it! I guess I am now hooked on GSSF matches, regardless of how well I did. Now I gotta start saving money for Richmond next month, then Statesville and Conyers.

Oh yeah, in case any one is wondering, I was the big guy in the grey shirt with the Cleveland Indians hat on!

3. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Congradulations, Dale.
    That is the way it goes ,you shoot your first match and your hook for life.
    We had a great day for shooting, only had one little shower, nothing major.
    And it was smooth sailing after that. I had a good day shooting too,I want tell my score , so as not to jinks it.
    But suffice to say I was real happy with my U/L score.

Congrads to all the other shooters as well.

4. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...Had alot of fun. I met David Sevigny and Skip let me shoot a couple of his bullets.

The SOs did a great job!!

..I did pretty well in Stockmeister and UL. Just thought of our soldiers that were fighting,... and well, I guess I just shot pretty good with that in mind.

God Bless America

Jay

5. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Thanks JWG, appreciate it.

I didn't meet Sevigny, but now that you mention it, there was a guy in a 2002 Conyers shirt waiting to shoot the plates and we talked a little bit, I thought it looked like him, but I didn't think it was him, I figured he would be wearing a name tag or something. He even wished me luck.

6. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I had a great time this weekend!
    Practice with the Joiszy Boiyz on Friday and a great dinner Friday nite with a whole gaggle of GTer's. Nellie says thanks to all those who added steak bits to her doggie bag!!!

Thanks to all the RO's, things were running pretty smooth.

7. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Don't Tread on Me

That was the best dance I have witnessed in a long time for the "Hot Brass Rain".

Good shootin, see ya'll soon.

8. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Thanks, yea not bad for a dirty white boy!;f

9. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Well...I made it down the mountain. Got there at 1pm. Watched Fireglock on the plates. Then I buzzed straight through the plates, the M and 5 to GLOCK. I had "NO" waiting after Fireglock. I was on the road home before 3. That was after I bought some goodies at one of the tables and added up my scores.

As to the scores...I did not do as well as I expected to. For some reason even taking time and remembering "front sight...press" I found several "d's" on my targets. Those 5 second penalties add up quick. I still have been unable to practice the GLOCK stages at any time and felt pretty good as far as getting back up to speed. Those D's however kept me hovering a little above 100 on Stockmeister and Sub Compact. Barely broke 100 on the Am LE. No pistol for me this time. :(

The weather for me was perfect. No bright sun and hard shadows, moderate temperatures, NO RAIN AND MUD! I still have a set of boots at the house with Anderson mud on them! ;f

The RO's were very good on the stages I shot at and I was quite pleased with the way everything flowed this trip. I just hope with my impending move back to FL from NC I will be able to make the Statesville match. I have my doubts but we will see. :)

My biggest regret was missing the "Outback" dinner tonight. Oh well one of these days.

10. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

The weather was great, no mud! I shot my normal 165 AM LE, met some more nice folks. Debra shot her best, I will let her post.

11. 21 shooter

21 shooter

The weather was great, as were the RO's. And thanks to the folks that registered me, and took care of a problem for me. My shooting left a lot to be desired this time around. But at least it wasn't muddy! I got to see Tim, Julia, John, Fireglock and Glockenstein, and many others. As always, educational and humorous. Also got to meet Shebuski, and then had to shoot right behind him on the plates. That is a tough act to follow! Anyone trained by Shebuski is going to be a ringer, which in this case, is a good thing. On to Richmond.

And if anyone finds a Mod. 17 LE mag with a green Pearce base plate, I lost one somewhere.

12. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

This morning I woke up on my mountain expecting to have a chilly day as I report for duty. I did not expect an inch of cold wet snow!!!

I am so glad that this time I was able to make the GSSF match on Saturday rather than my normal Sunday appearences. I can not wait to transfer home to FL. :)

I hope you Sunday shooters have as good a time as I did on Saturday.

13. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Well the "War Wagon" made it back to NW FL and a GREAT time was had by ALL!!! The Skip J club did an outstanding job this year!! The weather held out for the most part, a short shower earler in the morning didn't seem to dampen things! The Friday night dinner was a good group, HOWEVER, the Saturday night dinner proved to be the most interesting of ALL the GSSF dinners I been to since 1999!!! Christie Edwards made an apperence to wish GLM89 a "Happy Birthday"!!! See the pictures on the "Anderson Pictures" post! Sunday morning breakfast was a sweet sorrow saying good bye to everyone and telling them we will be at Richmond!!
    It was GREAT meeting Dale Gribble and all the other GT'ers that came up and said "HELLO"
    Dan
    :cool:

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Anderson was a great opportunity for me to see old friends and meet a few new friends. I enjoyed every minute, even while shooting lousy.

The surprise for birthdayboy Glenn was the highlight of the weekend. Exotic dancer Cristie Edwards did a wonderful impersonation of Marylyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to Glenn. A genuine Kodak Moment.

15. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

I intended to shoot on Saturday, but on Thursday I found out I had to work on Saturday. So, PhilipD, DavidS and myself made it down around 11:30 this morning just after the rain had stopped. While there was some mud to contend with (nothing like last November though), the weather was pretty good. A little cool till the sun broke through the clouds, then it warmed up and was very comfortable. This was the first match I have ever attended where the RO's outnumbered the shooters. We shot each stage with zero wait time, kinda nice, but I missed seeing everyone.
    I did have a pretty good match though, a personal best. It won't get me a gun, but maybe I'll recoup my entry fee. Oh well, Richmond is just around the corner. Hope to see everyone there. ;c ;c

16. PHARAOH

PHARAOH Guest

As the warwagon pulled into Ft. Walton Beach and a 6 hr. drive came to a close. I want to say this has been the most memorable trip/match to date for me. :) I had a great time Friday nights dinner was good but Saturday nights dinner topped them all. As Dan said the birthday party for GLM89 could not have been any better. I think it's one he will remember for a good long time. (or maybe want to forget as soon as possible). If you where not there go check out the photos as they come in.;e Can't wait to see everyone in Richmond, VA next month.

17. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Seeing GLM89 and Fireglock hold hands while approching the restaurant MUST have been a sight to behold as witnessed in the first picture!

Dang, Pat I missed the big party huh? That musta been some dance!!!!

18. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

What a weekend. The old "War Wagon" returned home after another fun trip. I must agree the Sat. night diner will long be remembered by many. Little "Christy" sure was a cute one and GJM89 seemed to eat up the attention from her.

Sat. shooting weather couldn't have been better. The good sun helped these old eyes see the target pretty good and had my personal best going with a sure fire sub-100 in AmCiv till I guess I choked on the last stage (The Humble Pie Plates). No lollypop for this old guy but I did have a great time with old friends and meeting a couple new ones. Dave Gribble, it was great meeting you and hope to see you at more matches. If all goes well I plan to be at Richmond and Dallas and then a break until either Aug/Sept.

The Skip "J" hosted a great match, probably the best one to date. I want to thank all the RO's for a great job.

Hope to see you'al at Richmond next month.

19. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

I BEAT THYLACINE!! ;S ;S ;S ;+ ;+ ;+ ;S ;S ;S Straight up, this time. No conflicts since we copied our info right off of the official sheets.

OK, we both stunk it up pretty bad (well, REAL bad), but the most important thing is that he stunk it up worse than I did. I had several malfunctions and he had one, so that contributed. I also had several misses (I won't disclose how many) on the 5. Don't know what happened -- just choked, I guess. BUT I STILL BEAT HIM!! ;S ;S

GLOCKhp2 shot a personal best and may end up not being last this time. FANTASTIC JOB, Bud!!;f

JG-30 shot a personal and team best. He smoked Thy and me. He must have been sandbagging before, because he cut his previous personal best almost in half. Congratulations! That was some nice shooting.

Thanks to all for a great time -- I just wish Sunday had been as nice as Saturday. But it was still better than November by leaps and bounds.

20. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

You will definitely see me at more matches. When I got home Saturday I already started making plans for Richmond, I also started practicing for Richmond on Sunday. ;f