close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anderson Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockNstein, Nov 15, 2002.

1. glockNstein

glockNstein

Well since it seems most of the regulars will be at Anderson, I figured I would take the liberty to start this thread. (Albeit, a little early) Hope you all have a great weekend. Unfortunately, I will be working Fri. and Sun.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Looks like a chilly, wet weekend for Anderson. Keep your powder dry!

3. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Sitting at home watching the pouring rain come down, 52 degrees F.If it slacks off later(looks doubtful though)I'll head to Anderson, if not I'll go on Sunday.
    There was a good crowd last night at Buffalo's, looked to be about 20 people, some good conversation, and i like the pro-gun pictures and props found in a Buffalo's rest.. Dan took plenty of pics , which we'll get to see later.That "OINK" Johnson showed up again also!!!!!
    Raining even harder now!!!:(

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

;f ;f ;f ;f

5. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Hey TJC Cheer up!!!!!;f

It's still raining, hope Fireglock brought a hat!!!!!

6. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Mrs Glockrunner here...

Bob and I had a great time, in spite of the rain. The evening at Buffalo's was nice, met some new people, and that's fun.

The conditions at Skip J weren't the best, but at least it wasn't unGodly cold, just damp. We were one of the first to arrive, had no lines, and we were done by noon.

I did well at shooting, and that made me feel good. Bob was having trouble with his sights, so this wasn't his best match. Well, there's always Jacksonville in January..... We're already signed up.

It was great seeing some of the "gang". Hope everyone has safe trips back to their homes, and we'll be seeing you again soon.

Mrs Glockrunner (aka Pat) ;)

7. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I have just returned from Anderson to my Mountain. It was cold, wet and muddy. I shot better than last year so maybe I will be happy. Problem is I mixed up my personal score sheets. I am not sure how I did. Did my subcompact score for the GLOCK M get on mt AM/LE sheet or not? I will find out when the scores show up. Did I mention it was cold, wet and muddy.

"Edit to add...I still have not broken 100. With my mismatched score notes the best I could do was 100.09. (unofficial) SO CLOSE...The QUEST CONTINUES..."

The rain that poured was with out letup during my two hours on the range. I barely made the 2PM registration cutoff. I was on the road by 4:15.

I got to meet FireGlock again and his better half. That made the trip on Saturday worthwhile. I did hear it was to be better on Sunday. Oh well I had fun. I got home to find my wife and son waiting patiently. ;Q First order of business was to take off the cold, wet and muddy clothes. I was not allowed out of the basement untill I had changed. Oh what I go through for my two minutes of trigger time. :)

By the way, it was COLD, WET and MUDDY.

8. Guest

Wow. You get two whole minutes??????;a

9. Clem

Clem

Hope the Florida contingent & other Team Sidearmor teammates did well at the match (yes, even you, Fireglock!!) ;a . Wish we could have been there. Still looking forward to San Antone. Please post times when you have a chance. Take care & be careful. Tony & Donna / Team Sidearmor

10. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I should'a said 3.74 minutes. I shot two classifications.

11. 21 shooter

21 shooter

A wet and muddy day, but I think that was better than freezing like we did 2 years ago! I had a good run on the plates, and after that, it was pretty much downhill. Those plastic covered targets do give me a new excuse,er, reason for having difficulties.

Got to see Fireglock and his better half, DEJ/FL, Don at PC, Glockhp, Glockhp2, and Thylacine, and several others. I also got to meet a new VIP, Rayray. He is the man. Looks like GLOCKhp may be a little ahead of Thylacine. But Thylacine always shows grace under pressure.;f Given a few short years, GLOCKhp2 will leave us all in the dust.

The RO's had a tough day with the mud and rain, plus it looked like they were a little short-handed at times.

And thanks again to Vicki for her help. I frequently need help, and she always bails me out.:)

12. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Sunday morning 7.00 am and it is still raining!!!!!I'm headed to Anderson to do what has to done..........trudge through the mud!!!!;)

13. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

im getting ready to head up there now too

14. Thylacine

Thylacine

Hello, all. Greetings from the cleaned up crew of Team USofA.

Glockhp tallied their scores last night on the way home while I conveniently left mine in my shooting bag in the trunk. I tallied it up later.

Glockhp almost had me, yet I managed to pull out a squeeker and bust him again unofficially in both categories. He says that daylight helps, but I'm not so sure. He seemed to shoot better in the dark. Oh yeah, did I say that he used my 17 on his runs on the 'M'. Fathom that. I pulled a couple out on the '5' and had my worst run yet (though I did have my best run yet on the plates, a sub 4 and two super low 4's ;S ). If I recall he and Glockhp2 had their best runs yet. Looks like I need to work on mine a lot more.

ROing in that muck was the toughest to date and the mix up with the score sheets on the only continuously open plate rack didn't help. Thanks for everyone's patience. I think we were about the last out and had to pack via flashlight.

Oh well, I'm gonna let Glockhp log on and refute any information above and make his excuses.

Take care all and hopefully we will see some of you at the indoor matches at Shooter's Express in Belmont Jan., Feb., and March. If not I guess it will be Richmond in April (?).

Rock on. ;I

Oh, BTW Fireglock, I heard what you said to Glockhp regarding whooping me. I thought you liked me? Besides, he deserves a little ragging for the years of abuse that he put me through. Looks like I will get a few more months of bragging rights.

15. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

Yes, we did finally get cleaned up. This was my 5th match, and the first with yucky weather. I guess that's not a bad record. It was nasty, but not as bad as it would have been had it been cold.

Yes, Thylacine beat me yet again. However, he neglected to mention that between our first match together and this 3rd one, the difference in our scores has dropped from 73 sec to 14 sec. But, as his wife mentioned several times, he hasn't made any 'enhancements' to his gun. OK, so I've added a 3.5 connector. The only reason he hasn't done it is because he doesn't like the feel.

GLOCKhp2 and I both had our best AmCiv scores so far: mine a 146.xx and his a 793.xx. I also shot a 139.xx in Comp with 'his' G34. Thanks to 21 shooter and Fireglock for their help on load recipes -- they made a difference.

Lack of daylight is my biggest excuse ;1 -- yes, I borrowed his 17 to shoot the M because it has night sights (;4)!! My sights had almost disappeared by the time I got to the plates and the M. Man, it gets dark quick in SC!! ;P

We also had a new team member this time: Our Dad came by to watch all of us shoot, and we handed him a set of score sheets. So we had 3 generations there shooting. It was his first match, and he pulled out a 179.xx. Great job!! With all of our scores, we may do OK overall as a team. Sure would be nice to end up with a plaque to hang up at Mom and Dad's. ;f

It was great to see 21 shooter (BTW, nice 2.49 run on the plates ;W) and his cohorts, Fireglock and his 'boss', and all the rest. Sorry we missed the dinner last night, hope y'all had a great time ;Y

Thanks for a great time and for the other ROs patience in letting us finish in the dark.

Looking forward to the indoor matches in Belmont, and then on to Richmond (unless I can convince Thylacine to take a roadtrip to Jax, or they bring Benning back).

16. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I've returned from the swamp!That place was a mess after two days of rain!
    I shot alot better today than my recent outings. Returned to DDM status in Stockmiester and missed breaking 100 in Am. civ. by 3 tenths of a sec!
    Thanks to the armorers, they did a very good jod checking out my G-21 and G-20!Outstanding service!!!!

Thanks to all the RO's and the crew at Skip J range.

See ya in Jax.

17. DannyR

Nice job, Scott DeLuce!

Preliminary report from Team Sidearmor: Stockmeister 267, Am/Civ 320. Thanks, guys, for a great match! I really missed being there with you.
    -Coach

18. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...had a great time. Reminded me of a place in Germany called "Hohenfels", in the spring.

Had the opportunity to shoot w/Scott, which was a ball. Think we both shot better for it.

Ran into one "Glock talker"..aka "old timer"..who, by the way, did pretty darn good on the plates. Also, an old school, C/1/75 IN (Ranger) veteran, who I had a conversation w/on the way out. Sua Sponte!

Was a great match.

Jay

19. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

This was my third match so I can only compare it to this years matches in NJ and MD. I'd like to thank all the RO's including the one at the warm up range. The weather was lousy but I shot better than my previous two outings.. I got there at 9:30 Saturday morning and finished at 1:00. I had a two hour wait at the 5 to Glock. I spent the majority of my wait taping targets because so few shooters were willing to help. They were even passing out free parkas. During my 2 hour wait there might have been 5 different shooters offering to help tape the targets. The RO's seem to be short handed and had a young boy trying to help with the score sheets and this seem to upset some of the shooters. The one thing I noticed was the shooters doing the complaining were all huddled under the tent and not offering any help. Maybe conditions improved after I left. Maybe the conditions were bad but before anyone starts whinning about Anderson, ask yourself, did you contribute anything or did you stay huddled under the tents high and dry? My thanks to all that helped.

20. DannyR

Sounds like some of the competitors had "Brain Freeze." Glad that you helped. Hope to meet you at Richmond or Waldorf next season.